No announcement yet.

Eileen's guide to Google Analytics with V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post 35 - documents that the code works for all themes and customisations, although with some lateral thinking.

I wonder if anyone has any comments on my questions in post 36?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
      When it comes to serious coding, unless it's html, i'm a copy and paster, perhaps Eileen can enlighten us.

Has the solution been tried without the nqv's?

Comment

the issue is NVQs don't exist in v8, hence i wonder why they are referenced

Comment

Still using NQV because that area is written by the perl scrips, and they were not changed?
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

the issue is NVQs don't exist in v8, hence i wonder why they are referenced
            They must exist because those lines are getting values. Not being a coder I am not sure but several bits of the shopping cart script convert NVQs.

Possibly some things under the bonnet are old technology

Comment

Apologies. I am having a I hate V8 day.

For the record, I do wonder why it need 30 steps of difficult coding to add the Google Analytics and get it working....

Also Bruce ' is that Willis ' King said it was OK, so I was willing to give a go.

I think there should be a huge health warning.... this does not work with all themes. This does not always work with the Executive theme - which BTW Actinic v8 sets as standard when importing from v7.

It still does my head in that something as straightforward as monitoring your google adwords cannot be done in v8.

My next project is to lock into Paypal Premium, and I suspect that while possible this is also going to be a nightmare.

Hey Actinic Programmers, can you think how a shop keeper thinks, PLEASE?
              Sally Dickson
              Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
              The Official Paddington Bear Shop
              The Official Bang on the Door Shop
              The Official Flower Fairies Shop
              The Official Miffy shop
              The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
              www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
              Ebay
              Amazon:

Comment

Some praise for v8

fwiw. I used the v8 marketing reports for the first time over the weekend and they were fab. Great customer info.
                Sally Dickson
                Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
                The Official Paddington Bear Shop
                The Official Bang on the Door Shop
                The Official Flower Fairies Shop
                The Official Miffy shop
                The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
                www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
                Ebay
                Amazon:

Comment

FWIW make sure you read all the community posts about Paypal pro before you take this on, there are a few flaws that are causing some of us to hold back on it until the integration is improved. For example shipping is not charged under cetain circumstances. You have been warned for the benefit of your stress levels

Comment

I'd thought i put my 2p's worth in that Google has Killed the analitcs industry, by offering its version for free!
                    So i reckon from now on the only analitcs used will be googles (slowly but surely they are taking over the www)

see http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/15823.asp for more

But im sure actinic is aware of this

Anyhow laters
                    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Checkout URL

Hi,

I've setup my google analytics as suggested in Elieen excellent thread.
                      However I wanted to follow her suggestion about setup a funnel with different stages with the goal. However this has given rise to my question.
                      What are the differnt URLs?
                      Previously I's used what I though was the url for the Receipt Page

http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/os000001.pl

But when trying to add in stages for Checkout 0 , 1, Bounce page etc
                      I notice its the same URL.

Am I missing something very basic here? Or am I just being stupid?
                      Any comments welcome.

Matt
                      Matthew Wildeman
                      www.bigmatts.com
                      2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Matt,

If you follow Eileen's guide step for step, you will not go wrong.

She has given specific code that needs to be placed on the receipt page which gives the page the name of receipt.html

I have followed this guide step for step and my funnels work perfectly
                        "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

So i reckon from now on the only analitcs used will be googles
                          Which is thier plan - even now parts of it are being used to influence SERPs!!!!

Comment

Ace post. Really helped
                            LoveLingerieOnline - Sexy lingerie and great prices.
                            SJS Band Music - Cheap Brass band sountracks.
                            Ovalworld - All your wallpaper and painting needs.
                            Yew Tree Garden Centre - Cheap teak furniture and more.

Want a website like this? Visit Tinlegs.

Comment

Hi,

I have followed the proceedure on here as closely as possible - I have a custom theme. I can see the code is on the pages when I look at the source in a browser but my client is getting nothing coming through to his google analytics stats...

Being my first Actinic site I am well aware that I my have done something silly and would be eternally grateful if anyone has the time to take a quick look at:

www.homelifedesigns.com

Much appreciated

Alex
                              Hertfordshire web design
                              UK Web Hosting

Comment

Strange Tracking - Conversion Rate 100%

Hi

I followed the excellent instructions Eileen was good enough to put here and have implemented them on a friend's site. I am no coder but got through Eileen's instructions easily (I think!)

http://www.hardtofindwines.co.uk

The only thing I found to be different was within step 10 (my body tag code looked a little different) but I went ahead and placed what I needed to within it.

Google Analytics is picking up something, but it's not getting all visitors, it only tracks those that convert! The only pages it appears to be tracking are /receipt.html and the order finished pages...

Have I missed something? I am using version 8.

I hope it's a simple problem and just something I have missed - but an idiots guide to putting it right would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Rupert

http://www.hardtofindwines.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X