Problem with permutation layout in 903

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with permutation layout in 903

Grrr...I have one site that is really trying my patience!

Scenario.
    1 product
    2 components, each with 2 attributes and various choices (dropdown)

All layouts are standard. Standard component layout, standard attribute dropdown etc

I keep getting, seeminly randomly, 'Error: Drop-down permutation lists only work with a single attribute within a component."

It's notable that this NEVER happened in V8 and it's rather randomly in 903.
    I've 'fixed' it (by recreating the product) several times but it keeps reappearing.
    An example of it currently happening can be seen HERE
    This is a duplicate of the same product on THIS PAGE so all settings are the same (product layout is 'use parent' which is why each is different but I've tried using the same product layout and it doesn't fix the problem)

Weirdly, if I move the offending product to the TOP of the content tree/page, it works fine.
    This is fine for the bike specific pages but is awkward when it randomly appears on the main Pazzo Levers page because the only fix is to recreate the product again.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem?
    I've tried numerous other possible 'fixes' and nothing helps. I can't work out what is breaking it.

Editted to add, I've 'fixed' a few of these by creating new duplicates and putting them at the top of the page but some of them just aren't STAYING fixed. I'm starting to think I have database issues. Might need to submit a support ticket
    Cheers for reading!
    Tracey
    Tracey

I get something similar, you are allowed to have 2 standard attributes within a component, but if you go to fill the list, actinic will allow the list to fill, it will merge each of the combos from the 2 attribute lists, but then on the layout it fires that error message in place of the first list, but strangely merges the 2 attribute names onto the 2nd list's name and also offers all combos of the 2 lists. So i have 2 attributes, each with 3 choices, the list that does work offers me 9 combos.

If you can only have one attribute list within a component if using permutations, then actinic should not allow the fill option when more than one exists, that's a bad flaw.

Comment

Just an update on this
      After much trials and tribulations, I've reverted the standard component layout back to factory and it's fixed all the erratic layouts.
      Interestingly, the only differences between the upgraded standard layout I WAS using, and the factory version, were some blockifs around the ComponentAttributeList and AttributeList layouts.
      Something to do with ListIndex and ComponentCount
      Dunno what that does but it DID fix this inconsistency with how these products were working.

Just thought I'd report that anyway
      Tracey

Comment

Hmm it looks like you can have 2 attributes in a component, you can have permutations to change prices, you can add in prices but you cannot display the price. The only reason i can see to have 2 attributes within one component is if you want to change prices. As that is the one thing you cannot do and show, what is the point.

Comment

Hmm it looks like you can have 2 attributes in a component, you can have permutations to change prices, you can add in prices but you cannot display the price. The only reason i can see to have 2 attributes within one component is if you want to change prices. As that is the one thing you cannot do and show, what is the point.
          If you have two attributes then you will have two drop-down boxes so it would be difficult to display the prices in the drop-downs to correspond with whichever combination the customer chooses. However, you can select 'Component Layout with Attributes and Price Grid' for the Component Layout to display the prices of each combination.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey,

I have the same problem quite often, especially with our new cane furniture ranges. Here's an example, Desser Santiago Cane Furniture

Occasionally (and rather randomly) when I upload the site will give the error message you mentioned.

This is completely intermittent, usually I can delete the product options, re-enter them manually, upload and it'll be fine. I don't know why it breaks, especially when those products haven't been revised since I first created them, yet the attributes still break randomly.

What my options do are:

Checkbox for grade - this is the bit that changes the overall product price. The suite has a default price, the price obviously changes depending on the grade of fabric selected - the drop down lists for the fabric pattern do not effect the overall price.

I've (so far) just taken this with a pinch of salt and accepted it as another one of Actinic's quirks. Unless there's a fix, which I'll keep an eye on this thread for.

Cheers,
            Grant

Comment

Working...
            X