No announcement yet.

10.0.1 - checkout not showing images or CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our problem relates to the fact that we have dropdown selections in our brochure pages and the image associated with the associated product is not being shown in the checkout, which is strange as it is working fine in our current version 8 (most recent patch) but according to Actinic, via our web designers Teclan, they have stated that "the program is functioning normally and that this feature is not possible at this time and has been added to the wishlist"

So something has been changed with the new checkout functionality upgrade which in our case has resulted in a downgrade or are we missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by thorleylebens View Post
      they have stated that "the program is functioning normally and that this feature is not possible at this time and has been added to the wishlist"
      Hi James,
      Just wanted to add a bit of clarity to this thread in case it can help. The "images not showing in checkout" issue, for you James, was specifically for product images for "associated products" that do no appear in the checkout. Product images for standard products appear correctly in the cart.
      This is a different bug/issue to what is being described on this particular thread.

When we said
      this feature is not possible at this time and has been added to the wishlist
      it was a direct quote from Actinic and therefore something they are adding to their wishlist.
      Perhaps someone else on here or Actinic(?) already has a solution on how to work around this particular issue?
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I added a combination to cart (V8) and it showed the product image in the checkout listed choice as separate names / prices so I assumed it did work okay. Maybe that was a different setup or does it use the product image for the standard instead of the associated?.
        Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Louise,

I hope that your response to adding combination to cart is the solution - unless someone has a different approach.

Comment

I have been having a similar issue with v10 in test - after making design changes etc and uploading I get CSS not found errors sometime in one browser but not another - when I looked at the source code for the pages FF had:
            <BASE HREF="http://127.0.0.1/testsite/LMM/">
            which is clearly not right, and the other brwosers had:
            <BASE HREF="http://127.0.0.1/testsite/LMM/acatalog/">
            which works. BUt why are they different?!
            This is after several web refreshes, page refreshed, browser reloads etc.

And finally I discovered .session files in the acatalog folder and guess what was in those: BASE url info.

I deleted the .session files and all was OK.

Not sure how these had the wrong info in, but once I stop making changes it's fine.

HTH
            Mike Booker
            M B Web Services
            mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
            +44 1932 340318

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but I just had a similar issue. I tracked it down to a canonical www. url issue. Added a little bit to the .htaccess file to rewrite all URLs as the www version and it's sorted now.

Comment

Ian,

Was this related to images not appearing in the cart for associated products if so, could you elaborate a bit more as I am not that technical and would appreciate help when it comes to the .htaccess file re-write.

Comment

This might have been a red herring - I can't be sure. What I observed was that the basehref between the viewcart page and one of the product pages differed only by the omission of the www. part of the url.

I'm no rewrite expert, but I did a quick google search for something like "canonical URL rewrite" and found an article with an example rewrite that only needed the domain name amending. I think this was the one: http://www.seo-consultant-services.c...-problems.html

Comment

Working...
                  X