BUGS Being Experienced with Windows 7 64-Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one last thing...

The blank error box and error warning beep on closing.

I get it on closing 50% of the time.

Thats actinic... reporting an internal error... but not knowing what it is....

You cant blame that on microsoft or antivirus or anything else can you?
    Why cant actinic work out why thats happening??

Thats a problem with actinic and speaks volumes.... if only someone was listening.

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
    Hi Clive,

I'm sorry you are still having problems. I know it may seem we are quiet but I promise we are listening and working hard to address things like this.

Just a question, have you tried v10.0.4?

Tried v10.0.4 no difference at all.
    Blank error box still appears on closing 50% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
      For my tuppence worth, I think the blank error box on closing has been fixed in 10.0.4 - I was getting it regularly and I haven't had it in the last 2 days or so since upgrading.
      Still not got the blank error box Goz?
      Coz I have... v10.0.4 hasnt fixed this and I'm convinced that this is connected to the other random crashes.. (cmon.. it obviously is !)

Actinic is reporting errors, but the code isnt there to report what the error is !
      but an error it is.. support saying these are 'phantom errors' is just flannel..

Comment

Still haven't had the blank error box in 10.0.4
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
          Still haven't had the blank error box in 10.0.4
          so its just me left with the blank error box in 10.0.4 ?

Comment

Personal experience about V9 crashes

Using V9 on W7, I « normally » get a crashes in this situation (very frustrating) :
            • treating orders (one or many) from pending to completed and… changing to the Content part of the program. Adding a new product (I now have 28000 books, and adding), I would « normally » get an abrupt closing of Actinic.
            Reading this thread about memory problem, I tried anything I tought would « clear » memory. So before changing from « Orders » to « Content » tab, I now click on « Logout » from the « File » tab, click on « Content » and click on « Logout » again. Now I can add products without getting the immediate crash and, sometimes, none at all.
            I'm not using Actinic in a multi-user environment. I don't know why it's working for me!
            I would like others to try this and have some kind of feedbacks. Is this real or wishful thinking on my part ?
            Bernard Morin

Comment

We finally found a site which consistently manifests the crash and blank error on exit on our test bed. This has enabled us to identify the cause - or at least a cause - and fix it.

We have produced a v10.0.4 build with the fix in, and we are offering it to anyone who is experiencing this particular problem. We will not be putting it on general release, at least not just yet, because we have not had time to give it a full end to end test. However we have tested in and around the areas affected by the fix.

If you have this problem, this new build will hopefully resolve it for you as well. It is available to download here:
              http://downloads.actinic.com/Actinic...004LFQA_UK.exe

Please treat with caution, we know of no reason why it cannot be used on a live site, but we cannot accept liability for any issues that may be caused by doing so.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Is the bug that you have fixed also one that could be causing crashes in V9 on Win 7 or only affects V10 sites.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse
                Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I don't think we've checked in detail, but the same issue is likely to exist in v9 IWHT.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                  X