Actinic v10.0.3 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Thank you for the pointer. I will look into this.

As the related products and recently view images don't work as well I thought is must be something else.

Elliott
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Since upgrading to 10.0.3 we are experiencing the same problem with all of the sub-sections of just one section of our site.
      If we individually upload each page or preview the pages it is OK but if we publish or refresh the whole site the image path is included in the name of the images on the extended info pages.
      We have tried using the page design from a section that works but the problem persists.

Patrick
      www.1926woodflooring.co.uk

Comment

Patrick, have you reported that to support? If we could have a look at your snapshot, we might be able to find out what's different about that particular subsection, which might help to identify what causes the issue.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Just tried upgrading to 10.0.3 and i am also having the same problem with images on the extended information pages being reference locally. It seams to be random, some pages in a section work and some don't and this is the case through out the site.

Spoken to support, lets hope they can sort it.
          Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
            Just tried upgrading to 10.0.3 and i am also having the same problem with images on the extended information pages being reference locally. It seams to be random, some pages in a section work and some don't and this is the case through out the site.

Spoken to support, lets hope they can sort it.
            Not sure you will get much out of support. One of them has told me it is a bug and they don't know what is happening.

But I do have someone else looking at it for me at actinic.

I will keep you updated.

Elliott

Comment

some pages in a section work and some don't
              Is this consistent? If it's always the same then it's probably a coding problem. One area worth investigating is whether the names of the Extended Info images and that of any sub-folders they are in could be interacting.

E.g. E.g. folder images\washers\image1.jpg may be OK but images\nuts\image2.jpg may be problematical as the \n could be interpreted as a Newline.

If you are able to tell us the name and folder name of an image that always works and likewise for one that doesn't that may help. Several such would be even better.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Elliot, your right I didn't get much from support, but if you hear anything please let me know.

Norman, I can't find anything with the picture file names or folders as you suggest. The two pages below even use the same same images and are almost identical products but one works correctly and the other doesn't. Please note that the pages below are from a test site.

http://www dot new123456 dot tridentuk dot com/sailing/product-Internationl_Cruiser_Uno___750ml-IP_YBA2_750 dot html

http://www dot new123456 dot tridentuk dot com/sailing/product-International_Cruiser_Uno___3ltr-IP_YBA2_2_5 dot html
                Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post

http://www dot new123456 dot tridentuk dot com/sailing/product-Internationl_Cruiser_Uno___750ml-IP_YBA2_750 dot html

http://www dot new123456 dot tridentuk dot com/sailing/product-International_Cruiser_Uno___3ltr-IP_YBA2_2_5 dot html
                  I think Norman is meaning offline not online, actinic has to take this information and convert it to work online, /n might be interpreted incorrectly as Norman mentions when actinic does its bit

Comment

Here are some things I have found out.

1. If the image is in the site folder and not in a sub folder in the site folder.
                    The images works on the extended info page.

2. If you put the full path of the image.
                    The images works on the extended info page.
                    (Not good as if you use more then 1 pc, the image path will be different on each PC.)

3. If I put the full path of my logo in site options box, i get some of the extended info pages working.

I can not work out why some extended info pages work when I put the full path for site logo.

The set up I have is SPP using extended info pages and below is where I use and store my images.

The product thumbnail image is used on the section pages, also brought, related products, recently view and search results page. The the product image is use on the extended info page. All my image are in suppliers folders inside the site folder.
                    I have two folder for each supplier. One with the product image and one for the thumbnail image.

Here what it looks like

Folder name of me product images "Suppliername"
                    Folder name of my thumbnail images "suppliername-TN"

So if I move all of my product images and logo into the site folder and not in sub folder, all my extended pages work.

Not ideal as all of my product images are in the site folder and i got to change all of my file path to take out the folder name.

I have not tested this on my whole site, so not sure if it works 100%.

Eliott

Comment

I still cannot replicate this. Even tried using the same folder and file names as people reporting problems. Maybe on O/S or path related thing.

It may help if people post with problems their O/S, Actinic program files location and their Site folder location.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                        I still cannot replicate this. Even tried using the same folder and file names as people reporting problems. Maybe on O/S or path related thing.

It may help if people post with problems their O/S, Actinic program files location and their Site folder location.
                        I can not get this to do this on actinic standard site, but I have not tried that hard yet.

Comment

It does not appear to be an image name or path problem, on each of extended info pages we have multiple images in different folders and they are all affected.

The solution we have found is to create new sections and move the content of the effected sections in to them, this corrects the image display problem, but we had to repeat it several times before all subsections were displaying correctly.

This also showed up another issue that could be related, within the ‘Section Details’ for the problem sections the ‘Layout’ and ‘Properties’ lists are not always completely displayed with only 3-4 variables, repeated clicking between different sections will temporarily correct the lists.

Patrick
                          www.1926woodflooring.co.uk

Comment

I suggest you both raise support tickets and get your snapshots over to Actinic, referencing this thread, so that they can take a look and see what's going on.

Comment

Here's another thing that may shed some light:- If someone with the problem has Access, then they could open ActinicCatalog.mdb and look in the Product table. Search the sExtendedInfoImage column for a faulty image entry and also for a good one. Let us know how those two filenames appear.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                                Here's another thing that may shed some light:- If someone with the problem has Access, then they could open ActinicCatalog.mdb and look in the Product table. Search the sExtendedInfoImage column for a faulty image entry and also for a good one. Let us know how those two filenames appear.
                                All paths and names are correct, checked all of the other columns and nothing is out of place.

Comment

Working...
                                X