Actinic v10.0.3 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
    Here's another thing that may shed some light:- If someone with the problem has Access, then they could open ActinicCatalog.mdb and look in the Product table. Search the sExtendedInfoImage column for a faulty image entry and also for a good one. Let us know how those two filenames appear.
    I don't use the extended info images. I use the standard product image on the extended page.

Elliott
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      I suggest you both raise support tickets and get your snapshots over to Actinic, referencing this thread, so that they can take a look and see what's going on.
      Actinic are looking at it already. I will be pointing them to this on Monday.

Comment

I don't use the extended info images. I use the standard product image on the extended page.
        Well I wish you'd been clear about that earlier. All the effort spent on trying to help you was useless as only now on post #32 we find that your problem is with a customised Extended Info layout that uses the Product Image instead of the Extended Info one. I see you briefly mentioned product images on post #24 but it was not clear from the grammar and typos that you were using Product Images within a modified Extended Info layout.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This is what I have found so far, also some comments on Eliotts findings.

1) As for the file paths I was referring to offline location, online the images, along with everything else is in the /sailing/ folder. I just provided the pages as an example of two very similar pages using the same images. One which works and the other that doesn’t.

2) I have raised a ticket with support but they have closed it acknowledging it as a bug. I was hoping to use 10.0.3 as we have a problem with actinic payments uses an in correct time on the settlement report. This happens to a number of orders from Asia which makes cashing up at the end of day difficult.

3) We use the full path for all product images, but they are to a network folder (P:\p\supplier\image.jpg)

4) It is true that images in the site folder do work, but that is a lot of images (an extra 5800) to manage in one folder.

5) The images that we use throughout the site (e.g. site logo) are in the site folder anyway.

6) As for O/S, I tried several machines last week, some using Vista and some Windows 7 and it hasn’t helped. Although I haven’t tried XP

7) On a positive note, support did suggest to me that I try this. If change the related products list and the also bought list to the default layout (basically linking to the sections instead of the extended info pages) all the pages and images seam to work correctly. Makes the lists not much use but it is an option and points to where the problem lies. I will have a play with these layouts and see if there is away round this.
          Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Well I wish you'd been clear about that earlier. All the effort spent on trying to help you was useless as only now on post #32 we find that your problem is with a customised Extended Info layout that uses the Product Image instead of the Extended Info one. I see you briefly mentioned product images on post #24 but it was not clear from the grammar and typos that you were using Product Images within a modified Extended Info layout.
            Using the product image did slip my mind but all the images on the page was not working.

As for post #24 I did mentioned it but as you say my grammar and typos was not clear as I am dyslexia so grammar and spelling is not that good.

Comment

Sorry for seeming a bit abrupt. It's clarity and meaning - not writing technique that's important. I hate txtspk and people posting punctuation free all lower case (I generally ignore such posts) but am quite happy with anyone who has difficulties with language. It may not be their native one, after all. The problem with technical issues is that unless we're both clear what we're talking about then confusion results.

Comment

Next time if there is a next time I will try and make it a look clearer how I am doing it in Actinic.

I am going to give Jethro number 7 idea a go and see what happens.
                It's a shame if I have to go this way. As Norman got the linking to extended info page working just how I wanted it to be.

I hope Actinic can come up with something else.

Elliott

Comment

Upgrade Issue

Hello,

just upgraded from 10.0.2 to 10.0.3 as requested by support and now I am being asked for a username and password to open my site, which I didnt need or set before. Any solutions. Also I had some pearl script changes, mainly normans file upload add on so will these all need to be altered again?

Thanks

edit: managed to log in, still dont know why its done this though? But my question still stands about my perl scripts, should i copy my old scripts in or find all the ones that were edited and then add to them?

Thanks
                  Last edited by Keith@Brand; 03-Mar-2011, 04:21 PM. Reason: Logged in

Comment

Perl scripts get restored to Actinic standard versions on every upgrade.

I post updated Perl scripts for my standard add-ons on www.drillpine.biz/forums so you should be able to download files and upgrade instructions from there.

If you've made custom tweaks to the Perl, then WinMerge - winmerge.org - is invaluable for highlighting and merging changes between files.

Comment

Perl scripts get restored to Actinic standard versions on every upgrade.

I post updated Perl scripts for my standard add-ons on www.drillpine.biz/forums so you should be able to download files and upgrade instructions from there.

If you've made custom tweaks to the Perl, then WinMerge - winmerge.org - is invaluable for highlighting and merging changes between files.
                      Thanks Norman, have copied the scripts across. I think I only made changes to your file_upload_form.html and file_upload.php which dont appear to have been touched. I have already noticed im getting a bounce page when adding to cart again, will have to dust off the AUG!

Comment

For bounce page see Design menu > Design Options set delay to 0.
                        Peblaco

Comment

Hello Louise,

Thanks for that. I followed the AUG p130 for removing the bounce page when adding to cart. Not checked what difference there is between the AUG and changing the bounce page to 0 is but Ill keep it in mind for my other sites. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                            That's very odd. I have a default site on a Windows 7 system and I've not had any problems generating snapshots.
                            Anyone else?
                            I have just had it confirmed from support that there is a problem in V10.0.3 when taking snapshots if the Actinic home page is not set as the Web Site home page. Tick box unticked on the general tab of Page details - home page.

This will generate a snapshot failure and an error message indicating incorrect indexes in the Actinic database. Error is not operating system dependant as I have it on both Win7 and on Win XP.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                            Custom Packages

Comment

I have just had it confirmed from support that there is a problem in V10.0.3 when taking snapshots if the Actinic home page is not set as the Web Site home page.
                              Have you checked that the Home Page and Online Catalogue page have different .html names? Both are named index.html by default. Normally the Home Page is sent to the web root and the Online Catalogue page to the /acatalog folder or your equivalent. If you tick "Use Website as Home Page", both are destined for the /acatalog folder, and if the names are left the same, this causes a conflict on snapshot generation. In this case I can reproduce your problem. If I change one of the names, I still get an error the first time (which is a bug), but the snapshot generates OK.
                              Bruce Townsend
                              Ecommerce Product Manager
                              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                                Have you checked that the Home Page and Online Catalogue page have different .html names? Both are named index.html by default. Normally the Home Page is sent to the web root and the Online Catalogue page to the /acatalog folder or your equivalent. If you tick "Use Website as Home Page", both are destined for the /acatalog folder, and if the names are left the same, this causes a conflict on snapshot generation. In this case I can reproduce your problem. If I change one of the names, I still get an error the first time (which is a bug), but the snapshot generates OK.
                                The failure to generate the snapshot only happened on one of three sites that all exhibited the indexing error so it seems to depend on other factors as well

As I needed a specific page as index.html in the actinic folder I have since added a new page to produce the index.html page and I now get the expected message during site upload that I have two pages with the same name which is the error I would expect. It appears the bug occurs only if the home page is conflicting with another page in the same folder.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                                Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                                X