Actinic v10.0.4 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v10.0.4 Release

We are pleased to announce the production release of Actinic v10.0.4. Version 10.0.4 fixes several outstanding bugs in v10. It also adds fields for Brand and for three types of Product Identifier (EAN, UPC and ISBN), as required for submissions to Google Product Search from 3rd May 2011.

- The new version is not the same as the earlier beta release. It is available to download from www.actinic.co.uk/support-centre/download-centre.html
    - For a full list of changes see the Release Notes, which are installed with the software, and are also available separately on the above page.
    - For information about Product Identifiers, please see www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en_GB&answer=160161

NB if your site already has user-defined fields named ‘brand’, ‘ean’, ‘upc’ or ‘isbn’, please read this carefully. During site upgrade, the data from your existing fields will be copied to new Text fields of the same name(s). These will be found in the ‘General’ tab of the Product Details. If this is not what you want, you will need to rename your own fields before upgrading.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Sorry, I know this is probably really simple, but couldnt find the answer on the forum..
    How do you actually upgrade?
    I'm running v10.0.3 and want to upgrade to v10.0.4 to see if it fixes the crashes I'm having.. but how do I do it safely and correctly?

Comment

Go to the download centre provided in the link and download the patch from the patch and updates section, make sure actinic is closed and run it. That's all i ever do and it works great.

Comment

Follow the instructions under 'IMPORTANT - EXISTING USERS' on the software download page.
        Bruce Townsend

Comment

i can see the new added fields for google feed - but r these fields importable - with flat file product import - or do you expect ppl to update these fields after the products have been imported into actinic ?

cheers

Comment

Sorry, change of topic, when is Actinic v11 Beta out?
            Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
            Snuggle Feet
            Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Originally posted by lessharma View Post
              Sorry, change of topic, when is Actinic v11 Beta out?

interesting Q i am sure i remember someone from the towers saying first half of 2011, might have even been 1st quarter. Its in a thread somewere

Comment

I thought so too.

Customers really want that online login and online accounts from V11. It's the no.1 request.
                Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
                Snuggle Feet
                Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                  remember someone from the towers saying first half of 2011... ... ... Its in a thread somewere
                  Yes it's here.

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                  Early indicators point to a May / June release
                  Paul
                  Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I think it may be a bit later than that as it's not reached public beta yet and it's already mid May.

Comment

I just commented in the other thread as well, but we should have something people can play with by June / July. We have ended up putting a few extra things into v11 (sorry to tease, details soon) so we pushed it back by a few weeks.

Usual conditions apply.
                      Benjamin Dyer
                      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Could you let me know if bug ref : AC11-442 has been addressed in V11 ?

Comment

Sorry, that won't be fixed in the first release of v11. It's fairly high on the list of priorities now, but I can't say in which release we will be able to resolve it.
                          Bruce Townsend

Comment

Will the 10.0.4 version work with the US version?

Comment

I have just downloaded v10.0.04 and upgraded in a test environment. I cannot find any reference to the new fields, ie Brand, ISBN etc. if I create a new product. Am I missing something obvious or perhaps misunderstanding something?
                              Any help appreciated.
                              Adrian Boshoff
                              http://www.servatech.co.za

Comment

Working...
                              X