Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Popup Pages

Hello yet again,

I have published a new site and some of my product titles link to a popup page, despite the fact that I have this option disabled. As the popup page doesn't exist, all I get is a 404 error.

I have compared the options in products that do and products that don't suffer from this problem and apart from different popup page names they all look the same. I have also checked the "Links" option page and again no joy.

I can stop this happening by enabling generate popup page, deleting the popup page name and then disabling it again, but to find every effected product and do this manually will take ages.

Any advice on why this is happening and if I can stop it without going through every one of our 13,000 products? I don't mind importing from csv, but every effort I have made has failed.

Thanks,
    Steve

Hi Steve,

Can you comment out the anchor tag around the product title in the layout? Or remove that part of code entirely?
    Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Many thanks for your reply. That would work, but I don't know what that bit of code would look like. I'm a total novice at the design element, but I have managed to pull off a few tricks so I am happy to try.

Cheers,
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevewhyte View Post
        Hi Matt,

Many thanks for your reply. That would work, but I don't know what that bit of code would look like. I'm a total novice at the design element, but I have managed to pull off a few tricks so I am happy to try.

Cheers,
        Steve
        Hi Steve,

I'm unsure exactly where the part of your site these pages are being generated from, so I'll post a couple of examples.

At section level:

Clicking image generates an extended info page

Solution: "Small Product Image" layout - comment lines 1-8

Clicking product name generates an extended info page

Solution: "Regular Product Summary" layout - comment lines 32-37

At product level:

Clicking Description generates an extended info page

Solution: "Image On Left Text Wrapped Around" layout - comment lines 39-44

Clicking image generates an extended info page

Solution: "Standard Product Image" layout - comment lines 1-8

Based off of a Vanilla SD16 site.

All of the above are expecting vanilla layouts.

If you are using a different setup, please post the code where you feel it is being called by and I can see if I am able to diagnose.

You're pretty much looking for a block if containing something like the following: <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationType" /> == "Opens in a Pop-Up Window"

Find these block if's, comment them out.
        Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

I tried to respond but yet again the forum is throwing Forbiddens (Hello! Moderators! SD! Anyone....????)

Here is my response. You do not have to edit layouts:

https://www.webeg.net/response.txt
          Jonathan Chappell
          Website Designer
          SellerDeck Website Designer
          Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
          Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Thanks you gentlemen both very much,

I may end up using both of these solutions, Matt's to fix it temporarily (I may want to use the links at some point) and graphicz as a permanent fix, at least until the next time it happens.

Cheers,
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X