Reasons to recommend upgrade to SD16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons to recommend upgrade to SD16?

Are there any compelling reasons to upgrade from SD14 ?

We are not selling on eBay/Amazon

Originally posted by intrapreneur View Post
    Are there any compelling reasons to upgrade from SD14 ?

We are not selling on eBay/Amazon
    Not too sure on this one!
    We do not sell on eBay or Amazon and are not minded to engage on these selling platforms. We are not convinced on the advantages of using PayPal either as an alternative Payment Services provider particularly if it just diverts customers away from using conventional Payment Services and charge more for the priviledge. We have similar reservations about setting up Feefo and suspect TrustPilot is similar- all cost add-ons.

Our old legacy site could not be successfully upgraded from V14 to V16 so I decided to embark upon a complete new Smart Responsive site design in V16 and import just the old V14 content into V16 - this presented a number of problem issues that needed to be overcome with the help of SellerDeck support. If your site is already set up along these lines then upgrading should be far easier to achieve.

V16 uses a later version of PHP whatever that means. It also autogenerates a sitemap.xml and Google-Product.xml file. The sitemap.xml file is a useful addition for Google indexing if your site is registered on Google Search consol for Google Analytics. The Google-Product.xml file is also useful for Google Data Feed and Adwords if you are set up for these services.

V18 due for release soon will also include Rich Snippets (microdata code). I thought this would also possibly address the requirements of the new GDPR Regulations in time for the 26 May compliance date but I can see no mention of this in the V18 Beta Release Notes and we are still awaiting a statement from SellDeck on this.

Martin Nichols
    Mantra Audio
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
    X