EAN Search - Product Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EAN Search - Product Link

Whilst checking out some product EANs using EAN-Search.org, I found that the products identified all had links to a competitor site either directly or through the Amazon platform.

Has anyone any pointers as to how this works?
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

From the look of it the site’s owner is just asking people to send him an excel list of product eans and links to the product. I guess some people are just sending him lists of affiliate links, etc with ean numbers to take advantage.

He clearly isn’t doing any kind of checking or verification but it’s not really something that’s going to be much use to anyone.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Here's another one:
      https://www.upcindex.com/search
      This one was recommended by Google Adwords back in 2016 in response to a GTIN query I raised.
      This site is a participant in an affiliated advertising programme run by Amazon Services LLC Associates.
      We do not sell on eBay or Amazon but it is interesting to note that when a specific product or valid EAN or UPC is entered on these search engines the results list predominantly eBay and Amazon sellers and my observation is that these seem to be increasingly shown up first on Google search results in front of sellers that do not use these platforms!!
      Martin
      Mantra Audio

Comment

Maybe I should create a UPC / EAN database for sellerdeck users! Let sellerdeck users register and then scrape their website for Barcodes and product description.

Could possibly make a bit of extra money from Amazon / eBay affiliate schemes with a bit of SEO.

Don’t hold your breath though. I’ve got a lot on my plate at the moment.

Mike.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X