Wish list: Automate 'additional files'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish list: Automate 'additional files'

It would be useful to have a folder that automatically added it's contents (incl subfolders contents) to the additional files list. I use different text files to generate product descriptions and if I'm in a rush I sometimes forget to add a file to the list and this causes problems on import into Business Client, my fault I know but still a pain.
    The Pretty Dress Company

This was first mentioned a few years ago. Plus one again for me.

(For those that don't know - you can add a folder entry (or particular files) into SiteBackup.ini which will automatically include the contained files (or listed files) in snapshots which can be useful)

Comment

Hello

I have moved this thread to the Wish List forum and added it to our internal Wish List as well to be considered for future releases.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Gets a +1 vote from me too. would be very useful for those of us with a tendency to forget details like this.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

+1 from me
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Thanks Jason. I have added your vote.

Regards
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I see this sitting from 2013

Was it ever implemented
              Including a sub-folder in bit the snapshot and upload/refresh would be very useful for a client of mine
              All his data is imported and the images and we use product references for image names etc so they do not actually get added to the data-file - just need all files in a sub- folder to be checked and if new or changed uploaded - Same for a snapshot....

Regards
              David Cunningham

www.truska.com
              -----------------------------
              ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

No, sorry, this has not been implemented.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Truska View Post
                  I see this sitting from 2013

Was it ever implemented
                  Including a sub-folder in bit the snapshot and upload/refresh would be very useful for a client of mine
                  All his data is imported and the images and we use product references for image names etc so they do not actually get added to the data-file - just need all files in a sub- folder to be checked and if new or changed uploaded - Same for a snapshot....

Regards
                  The new Stock Reminder extension actually includes code to upload files from a folder on the PC to a destination on the host. Making an extension to provide this feature is feasible but is anyone going to pay for it?

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                  SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                  Custom Packages

Comment

What sort of costs would be involved. I doubt my client will pay, at least to start with, but if it becomes a management hassle, and I think it might, then maybe in time he might.
                    David Cunningham

www.truska.com
                    -----------------------------
                    ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Working...
                    X