Royal Mail Delivery Confirmation on Parcels is now active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail Delivery Confirmation on Parcels is now active

As the thread says, Royal Mail's Delivery Confirmation on Parcels is now active.

If you look at your shipping archive in DMO you can now click on a parcel and see the delivery confirmation and date.

As far as I can see, this only works for things sent as Parcels, not Large Letters.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Noticed this in the mail last week - it looks like RM may be doing themselves out of a signature fee on 24/48 services though.

I'm wondering how PayPal would view RM's delivery confirmation in comparison to a signature should a dispute be raised?
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

I don't know. Can it be any, or much, different from a signature? Presumably anyone wanting to claim an item hadn't arrived would just sign with a fake scribble anyway.

Royal Mail are calling it 'Proof Of Delivery' so I would have thought it was good evidence.

I do notice that it says "delivered to you or your neighbour" so maybe it's not exactly proof it arrived at it's destination, and some are said to have been 'left in your safe place."

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
      X