No announcement yet.

A couple of issues - v9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. In same boat - going to try Sellerdeck hosting and awaiting 'simple' instructions of how to do this
    Seems I need to change domain reg from 1&1 to their suggestion of 123 reg.
    Any change like this fills me with dread, as have been using the same set up for about 15 years
    Lets keep an open line on here to post experiences - hopefully we can get through this together!

(and support advises that software version number isn't the issue causing any of this)

Comment

Michael,

Have you switched to the new server yet as I've tried a test order and got through to both paypal and worldpay without any problems?

EDIT: Ah, I see you have. host004mail.sellerdeckwebhosting.co.uk
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        Michael,

Have you switched to the new server yet as I've tried a test order and got through to both paypal and worldpay without any problems?

EDIT: Ah, I see you have. host004mail.sellerdeckwebhosting.co.uk
        Hi Mike

Thanks for taking the time to check back.

After the website being down for so long I finally realised that this problem wasnt going to end anytime soon. Rang up sellerdeck hosting and got hosting with them.

Its been a bit of a faff getting it all transferred but i got the site working straight away as soon as it was uploaded.

I decided to keep the domain with 1and1 (despite sellerdeck telling me the best and only move was to take it to reg123) - took a while for me to work out the correct setting to get the emails sent over from one and one to sellerdeck but i got there in the end - it's never as easy as they make out is it??

Anyway, long story short the wheels of commerce and greased again and the orders are flowing in already. Yippee.

Thanks for your help, again. If anyone needs a hand sorting their 1and1 domain a records then let me know as the settings in 1and1 are a little limited and need some finessing!!

I cant believe and been nearly 5 weeks with no orders!!!!!
        Michael Houlden

Pure Thoughts Soap Company

Luxury Handmade Soap, Bath Treats, Skincare and Gifts.

Comment

Great news Michael

I am just starting that process

Funny - Sellerdeck support insist they can't redirect from 1&1 to their hosting because, if I understand t correctly, 1&1 only give the option of http redirect, and SD require IP redirect.
          So how did you get around leaving the domain with 1&1?

Having checked my bandwidth usage over at 1&1, it seems we use a tad over 12GB pm.
          At 1&1, domains, hosting and email package is costing me £20pm.
          Sellerdeck are offering 1 month free emergency hosting, but after that, I will be looking at £47+pm

Have you done a costings comparison for your site yet?

I have actually started the switch to 123 reg, but 1&1 say it takes 5 days, so I'll have to wait. Hope mine goes smoothly like your after that

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post
            Great news Michael

I am just starting that process

Funny - Sellerdeck support insist they can't redirect from 1&1 to their hosting because, if I understand t correctly, 1&1 only give the option of http redirect, and SD require IP redirect.
            So how did you get around leaving the domain with 1&1?

Having checked my bandwidth usage over at 1&1, it seems we use a tad over 12GB pm.
            At 1&1, domains, hosting and email package is costing me £20pm.
            Sellerdeck are offering 1 month free emergency hosting, but after that, I will be looking at £47+pm

Have you done a costings comparison for your site yet?

I have actually started the switch to 123 reg, but 1&1 say it takes 5 days, so I'll have to wait. Hope mine goes smoothly like your after that
            To be honest the advice from sellerdeck seemed to change with the weather depending on who you speak to - but i was easily able to change via 1and1 control panel the domain ip address - that was the bit that work quickly and easily - the email forwarding to sellerdeck mailbox was a real challenge as nobody at sellerdeck seems to be able to do it without 123reg but i figured it out using subdomains.

The fees are more, granted. I'm on silver 6gb plan. But now im able to take payment on my website which is the whole point of its existence so im happy to pay a little more thaqn 1and1. Ive been with 1and1 since 2003 and im going to keep my plan open with them for now until ive decided where to put my new 2017 website as its not a sellerdeck site.

This whole process has been a nightmare and its cost a lot in time and i mean A LOT in time...im just glad its resolved, costing more money yes but we're good to go for the next six months.

Good luck changing stuff over - i was reluctant to move my domain - so i hope all goes well.
            Michael Houlden

Pure Thoughts Soap Company

Luxury Handmade Soap, Bath Treats, Skincare and Gifts.

Comment

Working...
            X