v10 Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v10 Enterprise

Hi - when is the v10 Enterprise beta (or final) coming out ?

Cheers

v10 Catalog, Business and Enterprise will be released together. They should be in production in around 4 weeks time.

Chris

Comment

When installing v10 beta, i noticed one of the options was Enterprise (MS Access) - what is this?

Can I assume there is an Enterprise MSSQL and a new version for Access? how do they differ from each other and what makes them unique?

Comment

Yes, the SQl version of Enterprise is currently available on beta, let us know if you are interested.

The access version uses the same installer so it makes sense to bundle it together.

Ben
        Benjamin Dyer
        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

The Enterprise functionality can run on both MS Access and MS SQL*Server. I would expect people to always run Enterprise in production on SQL*Server, although one customer actually runs it on Access.

It's not feasible to install SQL*Server for evaluation. So to see all of the Enterprise functionality, evaluate it on MS Access.

The mystery of what is in Enterprise is gone

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post

The mystery of what is in Enterprise is gone

Chris
            LOL, i love your humour Chris!

To me Enterprise has simply been the functionality of business on an SQL platform. Thus i do have to ask why would anyone run it on MSAccess, surely thats Business?

I've looked at the product comparison and only found one feature unique to Enterprise.

"Date defined by shopper on purchase" although i'm not sure what this actually means.

Are we at the begining of extra features being added to Enterprise only?

Comment

The idea is that features suitable for larger and higher volume customers are added uniquely to Enterprise. There may be some features added first to Enterprise and then later migrated down, but there are no definite plans for this at the moment.

As well as some date control stuff you mentioned, other features unique to Enterprise are much more granular user access control and an order picker tab which allows items to be picked or confirmed using a bar code reader. That's what I can remember at 8.55pm - there may be a couple ofother small points I've missed I'm afraid.

The point of having Enterprise on Access is really for evaluation, SQL*Server gives big advantages.

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X