Actinic Desktop is now called SellerDeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
    Am I the only one who hates this? Sounds like desktop's being marginalised.

And is Sellerdeck and support going to remain in West Byfleetor will it disappear overseas?
    Hi,

Not at all, if anything this is a complete focus on the products you know and trust.

This is just a name change, we are still the same company. As mentioned in the FAQ, we are still in West Byfleet, and hiring!
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

In fact, I will nail my colours to the mast and say I think you have really messed up over this. It would be interesting to know from whom the positive feedback has come
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer
      SellerDeck Website Designer
      Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
      Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

I must say i do agree with the above post as well. my feeling over the past year is the desktop software is being pushed to one side.

it is almost like you are no longer proud for it to use the Actinic name.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

So is all the coding going to change from
          Act...
          To
          Sel...
          Jonathan Chappell
          Website Designer

Comment

I really don't like it at all.

Why could the "online" version not of had a new name?

It after all is the new product.
            www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

From what I read of the announcement it is Actinic binning responsibility for the online version to concentrate on the desktop version so I really don't see how it could be seen as pushing it to the side. As for the name, it doesn't really bother me, although I am semi surprised that they never renamed online and kept desktop as Actinic. But then I guess I understand their reasons.
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I am more worried about Actinic Payments just when we have built up the name to be recognised as safe to the public it will now change to a fresh unknown name with no industrial background acceptance or history, at least when payments started you could look up actinic and find a ton of information about them to form a opinion of trust or not,

now it will look like you are trusting a company who makes record decks or boat decks from the 1960's

Who will be running actinic now i.e. is it the same directors or just froggy land
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

What about all the branding and SEO your developers have been doing on their own websites over the years. We have got to completely change the product we are promoting and rework our sites and start SEO all over again
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer

Comment

How do you think you can bring in yearly updates it must take 6-9 months to write the updates then another wait whilst beta testing, it takes about 18 months now so why will it improve,

It sounds more like maintanance upgrades but being charged for a version increase to get more money in for those not on contract
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hello Bruce
                      have to say I think SellerDeck is an awkward, unpleasant sounding name.
                      Your explanation for the 'Deck' part is unconvincing; it would never have occurred to me that was what it meant in 100 years.

I'm also wondering what may be afoot in the future - virtually every point in the last few monthly Newsletters has been about Actinic Online and I have been wondering if Desktop was about to be sidelined altogether.
                      Is it?
                      Where is development expenditure being targeted now - Actinic Online or SellerDeck?

Actinic was always a peculiar brand name containing no clue to the product and now you guys have chosen another one! Not that that matters a jot to us users of course.

But what does matter is transferring support staff to Online and hiring for SellerDeck - this is yet another affront to us poor long-suffering contract-paying users.
                      Support has always veered between extremely poor to almost acceptable, but it's never been good and now I guess it's going to be be poor yet again while new hirees are trained up.

Thus far I'm neither impressed nor hopeful.
                      Kind Regards
                      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

If I had come across a product called SellerDeck when I was looking for an ecommerce application, I would have passed on by without a second glance. Yes, I am that shallow.

I wonder if the team has taken their eyes off the ball while they focus instead on building apps for iOS.

I guess it's up to them to prove me wrong.
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

A lot of you are missing the point Bruce and I discussed earlier in the thread and Dave has also picked up on.

Oxatis have taken over the online side of things completely. As part of the deal, the Actinic name has also been transferred so Oxatis could continue to use it for the online product.

So Actinic (the company and people), as we know and love it, now has the same focus, development and support it had before online came along. The support people that have been transferred will have been the online support people so we aren't really losing anything.

So yes. We have a new name. But it doesn't mean the desktop side has lost focus or been sidelined. Rather the opposite.

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Rebranding.

Whatever name had been chosen though it wouldn't have pleased everyone.
                            So true, and I think the name better suits the product.
                            "You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time."
                            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                            www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                              A
                              Oxatis have taken over the online side of things completely. As part of the deal, the Actinic name has also been transferred so Oxatis could continue to use it for the online product.

So Actinic (the company and people), as we know and love it, now has the same focus, development and support it had before online came along. The support people that have been transferred will have been the online support people so we aren't really losing anything.
                              Mike
                              So does that mean Actinic Software Ltd is still the company that owns SellerDeck, or will that name change too?
                              Kind Regards
                              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                                A lot of you are missing the point Bruce and I discussed earlier in the thread and Dave has also picked up on.

So yes. We have a new name. But it doesn't mean the desktop side has lost focus or been sidelined. Rather the opposite.

Mike
                                Mike I dont think they have clearly stated whats happening with Actinic, yes the say the name is now part of Oxatis but no mention if actinic have washed their hands with it and sold their share back to Oxatis or if the joint venture still runs with the same management teams on both camps but one side has a new limited company and reduced staff,

We know who runs Sellerdeck but nothing about Actinic or have I missed something
                                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                                X