Actinic Desktop is now called SellerDeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ben,

I upgraded from the Sellerdeck 30 day trial and the upgrade was fine. So I assume I am fine to use it then?
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

11.0.3 is still in beta. There is high confidence in it but it may change should anything come to light during the beta period.

Hopefully the production release (which may be the same version) will be available in a couple of weeks if all goes well anyway.

Comment

Upgrading v11

Just done a succesful upgrade from 11.01 to 11.03 with no problems. I do seem to have lost the crashes switching to and from orders/new order at last
        Very fast install and upgrade.
        Printing invoices seems faster too.
        That worrying database bug when moving products is gone too. That bug caused me some frustrating times.
        That upgrade makes me a happy bunny.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
          Just done a succesful upgrade from 11.01 to 11.03 with no problems. I do seem to have lost the crashes switching to and from orders/new order at last
          Very fast install and upgrade.
          Printing invoices seems faster too.
          That worrying database bug when moving products is gone too. That bug caused me some frustrating times.
          That upgrade makes me a happy bunny.
          Awesome
          Benjamin Dyer
          CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Is there a URL for Sellerdeck logos and pack shots? Is there a Sellerdeck developer logo? (for those of us who now have to make changes to our own sites.)
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer
            SellerDeck Website Designer
            Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
            Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
              Is there a URL for Sellerdeck logos and pack shots? Is there a Sellerdeck developer logo? (for those of us who now have to make changes to our own sites.)
              They will be coming shortly, please watch this space.
              Benjamin Dyer

Comment

I hope to be doing a trial run of publishing an 11.03 site this evening-watch this space... All depends on whether I have my server set up properly.
                Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

SellerDeck appears along way down the list compared to Actinic in a search for 'ecommerce desktop software' / 'ecommerce software' etc. Actinic (obviously now only the online software) is #1.
                  What are SellerDeck doing about their rebranding of Actinic Desktop with regard to consumer confidence in their name, digital / overall marketing etc? I'd like to feel sure that SellerDeck will become as well known as the previous Actinic Desktop name asap, as this is a hit on every developer that makes (part of) their income from the good Actinic name...
                  *For a start* it would have been a good idea for Actinic to 301 redirect all previous desktop related links / pages to SellerDeck's - NOT doing things like this makes it *look* like Actinic Desktop is being sidelined...
                  Hmmm.
                  Chris Adams

Comment

Originally posted by fibonacci-d View Post
                    What are SellerDeck doing about their rebranding of Actinic Desktop with regard to consumer confidence in their name, digital / overall marketing etc?
                    Hi,

Lots of questions here! Let me start by addressing the main one above, the answer is aggressively! The site is obviously new so its going to take a while to get the Google juice flowing. We are into day two of our bright new world, lets give the rebrand some time to get going.

We have a great PR firm, and we have a good track record of great coverage. A nice example of this is todays overview in TechRadar that gets over 10 million uniques per month.
                    Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Reply notifications for subscribed forum threads link back to community.actinic.com and not community.SellerDeck.com will these automatically be changed over at some point or just relay on redirects.
                      I guess any new threads subscribed to on the sellerdeck community forum will use the new URL.
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse
                      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Hi Darren,

The community is going to be changed over the the new URL at 10am today, as per:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=52881

The community won't be down for too long.

Thanks

Paul
                        Paul Murphy
                        Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

I can't see much of an issue with the name change (other than being entrenched in my usual lead-lined bunker using Windows 3.1) other than from a purely selfish viewpoint in I will now have to overhaul my own site to include the new name. I am 3 years behind with my portfolio updates so this is the kicking I need.

The old users will still find me via searches for Actinic and new buyers will find SellerDeck.

It is a shame the name went over to the online after all the hard work Chris Barling and the team have put in over the years developing a successful brand name. We only have to get used to the change of name - they have to build their company back up almost from scratch. But they did start as NetQuote and changed to Actinic so have been through this before.

I still call Snickers as Marathon!!

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Poor name and appalling notice.

I have to say I'm wholly uninspired by the name and distinctly unimpressed that I now need to revamp my website and promotions to change to SellerDeck.

Considering we've been actively involved in promoting the product for all these years I don't appreciate that I get an email one morning telling me it's all been done and I then have to react to that.

I'm not bothered about the Actinic Online product going - I've performed developments in it for clients that have then abandoned it and gone elsewhere owing to the product functionality, but I know it suits some.

It just seems to me that this bright shining light of bringing in the Online product was just a smokescreen to sell the Actinic name and restart with a distinctly American sounding product name.

Clients have been asking me to advise on alternative products over the last 6 to 12 months anyway, so it seems there will be more of those questions coming.
                            Nick Shread
                            Shreadsoft Ltd
                            www.Shreadsoft.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nshread View Post
                              Considering we've been actively involved in promoting the product for all these years I don't appreciate that I get an email one morning telling me it's all been done and I then have to react to that.
                              I think this is the needle with most of the core users. Whilst I appreciate there are confidential and Business strategies are to be held close to chests it has been dropped like a bombshell on developers and resellers who have been a big part in promoting brand Actinic.

Bikster
                              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                                it has been dropped like a bombshell on developers and resellers who have been a big part in promoting brand Actinic.
                                I am pretty sure some people were told, as there was a distinct lack of surprise in some quarters when this news broke on Monday morning. Not that it matters a jot to me, as I'm just the person who pays the monthly cover fee. Presumably I now have to change the direct debit?
                                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                                X