X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SellerDeck - Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Why is Actinic Desktop rebranding?

We are rebranding to give the Desktop products and services their own identity once again. We have actually transferred the brand name “Actinic” to Oxatis. However, we are now two separate companies offering different products.

2. Is SellerDeck in competition with Actinic Online?

There will naturally be a number of merchants for whom both SellerDeck and Actinic Online have appropriate solutions. However moving forward SellerDeck will be focused on servicing the needs of merchants who prefer to use a desktop application and want complete ownership of their online businesses. For those merchants looking for an online solution we will continue to recommend Actinic Online.

3. Who owns SellerDeck?

The original Actinic founders, Chris Barling and Kevin Grumball, together with the original finance director David Dawson, are the owners of SellerDeck.

4.Who owns Actinic?

Oxatis UK Limited now owns the Actinic brand and trademarks.

5. Where can I find out more about this rebrand?

You can join us in a number of online conferences we are holding during week commencing 18th June 2012

<a href="https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/732159518">Mon, Jun 18, 1400hrs</a>

<a href="https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/969814710">Tue, Jun 19,&nbsp;1400hrs</a>

<a href="https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/925253934">Wed, Jun 20,&nbsp;1400hrs</a>

<a href="https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/291973662">Thu, Jun 21,&nbsp;1400hrs</a>

<a href="https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/196677782">Fri, Jun 22,&nbsp;1400hrs</a>

If you are a Facebook user we are available to answer any questions you post on our Facebook wall or you can post within the community as usual. If you are a cover customer you can also speak to a member of our support team who can answer most questions you may have.

6. Why are you doing this now?

We think it is good timing. The E-Commerce sector in the UK continued to grow last year, in fact the UK is the most advanced E-Commerce market in the world with some of the most demanding merchants. We believe its the right time to completely focus on the SellerDeck product set.

7. How does this affect the Desktop products?

Moving forward, Actinic Catalog, Business, Business Plus, Enterprise and Designer will be renamed SellerDeck Catalog, Business, Business Plus, Enterprise and Designer. We will continue to support and develop these products as we have in the past.

8. How does this affect EPOS?

EPOS will be renamed SellerDeck EPOS, again this product will be fully supported moving forward.

9. How does this affect Actinic Online?

Actinic Online will have the sole use of the Actinic brand and trademarks. In the future when you see Actinic this will be referring to Actinic Online.

10. How does this affect the existing services such as payments, support etc?

The only change will be the URLs required to access our services, we will be contacting all of our customers affected shortly. Until this point all existing domains will work as they do today.

Moving forward we will continue to support all existing services and intend to add to them in the future. We expect Actinic Payments to be rebranded to SellerDeck Payments at some point in the future, but full details will be provided well before the time..

11. Will there be a v12, v13 etc?

Yes, v12 will be known as SellerDeck 2013. This is planned for later this year and SellerDeck 2014 the year after. Moving forward we plan to have a major release every year.

Upgrades to SellerDeck 2013 work in exactly the same way as previous releases, we recommend a minimum of v9 although it is possible to upgrade older versions.

12. What is the product roadmap?

We are publishing the SellerDeck 2013 feature list on SellerDeck Community as part of this announcement.

Our products already have tremendous flexibility and we intend to continue building on this with major releases every year. We are also heavily influenced by the community and the wish list, if there is something you believe we should include in the product please make yourself heard.

13. Will SellerDeck still be based in the UK?

Yes, we are still based in our headquarters in West Byfleet, Surrey. We also have an office in Torquay, Devon.

14. Are Actinic Online based in France?

Actinic Online is a UK based company and customers will be serviced out of their UK headquarters.

15. Who are the SellerDeck team?

SellerDeck is owned by the original Actinic founders Chris Barling, Kevin Grumball and David Dawson.

Most of the original team are still in place including Benjamin Dyer the CEO and the sales, support and development teams that you all know well. Former MD Phil Rothwell has also rejoined us to run our sales and marketing team. We are also hiring in our support, sales and development functions. If you think you might be suitable please get in touch!

We really are the same company you know and trust.

16. Is Actinic being split into two?

No. Actinic the company is being renamed, Actinic the brand is owned by Oxatis and will be used to sell Oxatis developed products.

17. How do I contact SellerDeck (including sales and support)?

Through the normal channels, you can call sales on 0845 1891859 and support on 0845 1294848 or see our new web site at www.sellerdeck.co.uk.

18. I am an Actinic Desktop customer, how does it affect me?

If you are an Actinic Desktop customer everything really stays the same apart from our new name.

19. Does the rebrand mean price rises?

We always want customers to regard our products and services as being both affordable and great value for money. We have already adjusted our prices this year in line with inflation and we do not plan any further increases this financial year.

20. I’m interested in being part of the SellerDeck 2013 beta, who do I contact?

Please email Bruce Townsend at bruce@sellerdeck.co.uk we hope to have news on SellerDeck 2013 very soon.

21. I want to know more about the SellerDeck Conference, who do I contact?

Ticket availability will be first published on the community, if you would like to pre-register your interest please email Neil Bayton at neil@sellerdeck.co.uk

22. I love the new name and logo, so how do I get a free T-Shirt to show it off?

We have SellerDeck T-Shirts to give away! The first 50 people to follow us on Twitter , like our new Facebook page or circle us on Google+ get the goods. Its one per customer and when they are gone they are gone!

23. My question isn’t answered above, who do I contact?

Come and join us at one of our online conferences Facebook or the community. You can also email us and we will endeavor to answer your question.
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?
Working...
X