• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice country list on checkout page 0

The invoice country list on my checkout page 0 has just three options;
    "Select Country"
    "United Kingdom"
    "None of the above"

This looks a bit confusing to my mind and I'd like it to show the full list of countries I ship to ie. most of the world, but I can't find where to set this up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Graham

www.showmakeup.com
    Graham
    www.showmakeup.com

Have you got 'advanced' selected on your tax tab? Do the countries show up in the shipping tables?

Comment

Hi Lee, thanks for replying.

Yes "advanced" is checked under tax and the countries are listed under "properties" in Zone/Class configuration.

I had thought there might be a problem with shipping_template.pl so I replaced it with a copy from the "originals" folder. This made no difference.

Graham
      www.showmakeup.com
      Graham
      www.showmakeup.com

Comment

Let me rephrase Lee's questions

Settings | Business Settings | Shipping - have you created shipping cost tables?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I have four Zone/Class tables:

Two UK tables - one with a fixed charge for standard delivery and one with a weight based charge for Special Delivery

One for Rest of World - weight based

One for Rest of EU - also weight based

The last two show the relevant list of countries when I right-click and choose properties.

Graham
          www.showmakeup.com
          Graham
          www.showmakeup.com

Comment

OK That's the first half.

An now Settings | Business Settings | Tax - do you have the same zones, with the same county members and a tax rate set for each Zone?
            Bill

Comment

Ah! Now that looks interesting. The infamous "None of the Above" appears in the Tax settings for "No Tax levied". I'm guessing that if I add those countries outside the EU that I ship to, they will show in the invoice country list.

Thanks, Bill. I'm off to post some orders now (from my Miva site showmakeup.co.uk). I'll have a go at adding countries later and post the result.
              Graham
              www.showmakeup.com

Comment

Oh dear! I've added all the countries I ship to to the No Tax Levied table. It took flippin' ages because they have to be added one by one. I was tempted to fire up MS Access and do it with a query, but I guess this is a whole new can of worms and not to be attempted by new users!

The result is, sadly, no difference at all. The choices are still just:

"Select Country"
                "United Kingdom"
                "None of the above"
                Last edited by ShowMakeup; 14-Aug-2007, 05:29 PM. Reason: Correction
                Graham
                www.showmakeup.com

Comment

Clear temporary internet pages, clear cookies. Upload and test again.
                  Bill

Comment

Thanks for your help and advice, but still no change after clearing caches, reloading and even refreshing. Just to be sure there were no hidden caches, I added a handling charge, uploaded to see if it was displayed and then removed it and uploaded again.The handling charge appeared and dissapeared on cue.

I notice that other Actinic stores (including your own excellent establishment, Bill) don't display this drop down at all. They just ask for the shipping country.

Can I just delete the wretched thing from checkout page 0?
                    Graham
                    www.showmakeup.com

Comment

Graham - could you try setting the 'Business Settings | Tax' tab to 'Tax By Delivery Address'. I think that will add all the shipping zones into your drop down list, so you'll have more than just 'United Kingdom' and 'None of the Above'.

Also try a compaction of your database (Housekeeping | Compact Databases) before you next upload.

Comment

Hi Chris - Thanks for the reply. It was already set to tax by delivery address, but I did the compact and full refresh anyway. Still the same three options. Looks the same in Opera 7 and IE.7
                        Graham
                        www.showmakeup.com

Comment

Graham,

My site is set up not to allow seperate delivery address, and so there is only one address entry page - is this what you are trying to achieve?
                          Bill

Comment

Bill

Thanks for the explanation. So the sites I have looked at that don't display the Invoice country list will be those that only deliver to the billing address.

Well at least that is one way out of my difficulty. If the Invoice country list problem can't be solved, I can just remove the option of seperate delivery from my site too.

I would still prefer to offer customers the choice if at all possible.
                            Graham
                            www.showmakeup.com

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies, but they didn't solve the problem. I did eventually find a work around which I'll post in case someone else searches the forum on this subject.

With Business settings|Tax set to by delivery country, the invoice country list is displayed but seems to have no effect. I hesitated to delete it from the layout incase it does have a purpose in life. I used <span style="visibility:hidden"> tags around the Invoice country list to hide the darned thing.

Now my customers can still choose a seperate delivery address, but the confusing select box is not displayed.
                              Graham
                              www.showmakeup.com

Comment

Working...
                              X