Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One shipping surcharge for 1 - 6 products

Hi,

We are using Actinic Catalog V. 8.5.1 and currently use value based shipping whereby orders under £10.00 are charged at £1.95. Orders over £10.00 are inclusive of P & P.

This all works fine, but we now have a new product which, due to the weight, attracts a delivery surcharge of £11.75. Having read numerous posts on the forum I cannot find a solution to the issue.

The product is delivered direct from our supplier. Effectively, the £11.75 delivery charge is the same irrespective of whether the customer orders 1 or up to 6 products. 6 is the maximum number which we will allow people to order on the website (customers are advised of this and asked to phone if they wish to purchase more. This is due to the delivery charge going up again after 6 products.)

I have tried using components and hidden products but this will not work as it applies the £11.75 to every product added, rather than £11.75 for between 1 and 6 products.

I can see that this may be achievable by adding a shipping supplement within the product 'details' tab and selecting 'apply shipping supplement only once per order'. I tried this but I am not sure what I need to edit within the 'Business Settings' | 'Shipping & Handling' section to ensure this works. I don't want to mess up the current settings for the rest of the site.

The product is available in 57 colours each of which can be selected from the drop down menu. These are all stock controlled through an associated hidden product. The other issue is that I need to ensure that no more than 6 of this product can be selected on one order. I am aware that there is a maximum quantity setting within the product field. However, this will apply to a maximum quantity on each separate colour only rather than across the range of 57 colours. Is this possible? It has to be a maximum of 6 products within that product range.

Alternatively, rather than ask customers to call if they require more than 6 products, is there a way of setting up Actinic so that it adds a surcharge of £11.75 for between 1 and 6 products. Then after the first 6 products, it charges £9.50 for every lot of up to 6 products ordered thereafter?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jules
Working...
X