Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping and Backorders

Anyone any ideas on this ?

I have items marked on my site "Out of Stock", however I still get people ordering them.

Most people want what we have in stock shipped now and then the out of stock item shipped when it arrives in to us.

The only problem is that we have flat rate shipping costs which are already subsidised on certain orders (actual shipping can cost us twice as much). So is there a way that if the customer doesn't want to wait for all their order to be shipped together that they have to pay an extra fee for the out of stock item to go out ?
    For Everyday Pet Products
    www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
    www.poshpaws.ie

Hi Lyndsey,

I'm afraid that there isn't an automatic way of getting extra shipping added on because of an out of stock product in the order. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a component (non-optional) on the out of stock products that adds an extra cost and then mark it for deletion when the stock comes in (once you've created one you can copy and paste it onto other products as and when necessary) - note that if you have attributes on a product that are not already attached to a component then you will have to cut the attributes/choices and create a component and paste them onto it before you can add another component to the product.

This could require a lot of maintenance if your products go out of stock quite often so isn't ideal.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X