Delivery Only on Certain Products but still checout with any product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery Only on Certain Products but still checout with any product

Hi All, I have an issue where only a handfull of products can be delivered across the UK, but the rest of the products are only available for collection, I know this can be done with weight, however I still need the customer to be able to add any item to the basket and checkout for collection, but only have delivery availble on the odd few products?

I hope this makes sense, could anyone offer any advise on how this could be achieved?

Thanks in advance
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Hi Lee,

You'd need to set up two classes in your shipping zone (for UK). One would be the shipping, the other would be collection. The collection one would simply have zero shipping charge. The postal one would be set by weight.
    e.g. 0g-1kg = UK postage rate
    1kg+ = excess not allows
    You'd then simply ensure that the products you wanted to be shipped to the UK had an arbitrary, nominal weight of 1g set (allowing for up to 1000 of them to be ordered). The non-shippable products would have a weight assigned of 1kg.
    This means that if anyone added one of the non-shippable products to basked it would push the basked "weight" over 1kg immediately and therefore invoke the "excess" warning if the the shipping option was selected rather than the collection option.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

What if they order one of each?

Comment

Hi Fergus,

Superb, if a mix is added to the basket the customer only has the option for collection, just how we wanted it so a big thanks.

Just one thing ;-)..... Good old Sellerdeck cart has you go through with all your address details before being able to select collection or delivery , is there any way to ask this earlier, or can the code be moved without fudging the shopping cart/checkout up?
        Many Thanks
        Lee
        www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

From Business Settings| Ordering panel Help guide:
          Request Location Information Early
          Select this option if you want customers to specify their location as soon as they add their first item to the cart, rather than when they checkout. This allows SellerDeck to work out shipping/tax charges as early as possible.
          This option is disabled if any section in the store has their shopping mode set to anything other than 'Quantity on Confirmation Page'. See Changing The Shopping Mode for more.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Fergus,

Thanks I have tried this but it only gives me the country list, not the zone/class drop down.
            Many Thanks
            Lee
            www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X