No announcement yet.

What on earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should have explained I do free postage on orders over £45, but I want this only to apply to orders from UK. I have it set up on weight with relevant bands, etc. I had an order recently for an item costing £99.40 to send to Iceland which weighed 3.5kg. The system applied no postage as it was over £45. I had to decline the order as I was not earning enough out of the order to cover the £45 postage cost. I can see that the surcharge would be a good idea for those particular items which are extra heavy, but is there a way of keeping the free postage to UK only?

Thanks
    Louise
    www.asmailorder.com www.asmailorder.co.uk

Comment

Ignore my last. Had another look at the new configuration and have found the answer.

Thanks for all your help

Louise

Comment

Had another look at the new configuration and have found the answer
        Then please post it as it will help others having the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          Then please post it as it will help others having the same problem.
          OK. Under Shipping and Handling/Configuration you can select "Global Free Over" amount. If you put an amount in here it applies to all your postage. However, if you leave that empty then set up the Classes in the Zone/Class Tables you can select the zone/class on the left then at the bottom right you can select the "Orders in This Zone/Class Free Over" amount. This will then only apply to the zone/class you have selected.
          I now have UK Recorded Delivery with a free over £45 limit, but Special Delivery is charged and all International Postage is charged.
          I am still working on version 8 although I have had it a year as my version 7 site works perfectly well at the moment and I don't have much time to work on it, but I like the new features of 8 and it will be on-line soon.

Comment

Working...
          X