Prevent Shipping until x weight reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent Shipping until x weight reached

Does anyone know if it is possible to prevent shipping until a certain weight has been added to the shopping cart (the only way I can think of at the moment is to add an arbitrary amount as a shipping cost until this value is reached but this is not a perfect solution).

Many thanks

add a zero cost upto the weight you require

D

Comment

Need more info on your current setup to give an answer.

Comment

Site Setup

OK, here goes...

The site is setup with approx 1000 products....

At present all products have default weight of 1kg.

A couple of products are just downloads and sign ups etc. and thus are excluded from shipping calcs.

Need site to require a minimum of 10Kg to be added to shopping cart before the order can be completed (i.e. 10 products).

However, the download / sign up products must be orderable at any time - these are things like catalogue requests and accounts sign up etc.

the alternative solution is to require a minimum products and test using the getcart variable at the cart stage - but this then requires that I set a sill qty for the sign up products that then show as 10 in the shopping cart which isnt very tidy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Comment

OK i miss read the post, note to self, have coffee before looking at forum on monday mornings

d

Comment

The AUG P98 had a nice solution til you mentioned the downloads so that idea is now scrap. I will have a further think, but my initial reaction is that you need to have free shipping kick in after 10 items, whereas anything less results in a shipping charge way too high that no-one would pay. Have it clearly explained across the store that shipping is free (or whatever cost) after 10 items have been chosen. You can then use 'quantity' in your shipping class for those products and then maybe categories for your downloads.

Comment

Hmmmm ok not so sure this is feasible, looking at the options you need im struggling to find a solution to it. Not sure weight is going to be the way to go with this

You require some items to be shipped that are under the 10kg (downloads) and others not, this is probably going to be the sticking point.

D

Comment

Stick with it

OK... at least its not just me being silly...

If I am stuck with a silly charge for low qty then that will have to do for now...

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Comment

OK... at least its not just me being silly...
                  No Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X