Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Products to European Countries

Hey guys.

We've decided to bite the bullet, and cave in to demand - we're going live with European delivery (that is, if I can get a satisfactory answer on this).

Using V9 Business Plus, we require set shipping costs for particular countries. We will continue to offer free UK (mainland) delivery whilst offering delivery of products in particular categories to European countries, with a couple of countries having varying delivery costs due to couriers needing protection from the mafia, or something like that.

Anyway, for obvious reasons, there are some products we can't ship outside the UK (UK garden vouchers, gas barbecues (different EU fitments/gas pressures), etc). Is there a way to allow these products to be ordered by those who select UK delivery, but give a message to those who select outside the UK that these products aren't available for European delivery?

I understand certain products will cost completely different prices shipping to Europe (for example, shipping a fragrance oil lamp will cost a few quid, a conservatory will cost a few hundred, etc) - this is all very well, but our couriers work on a 30kg rule - 30kg or less is £15 to European countries, above 30kg is classed as a pallet, and therefore considerably more - is there a way to select a product section, and make all sub-categories and products be classified as the same weight, as to not have to set a weight for the entire catalogue, some 900+ products.

Any suggestions of this mighty-fine, terribly constructed post?

Cheers,
    Grant

Hi,

Is there a way to allow these products to be ordered by those who select UK delivery, but give a message to those who select outside the UK that these products aren't available for European delivery?
    Setup separate shipping tables for the European countries and have price bands only for the light items. Set excess to 'do not allow shipping'.

The customer will get a message at checkout after they select their shipping destination, but will not be able to process an order including the large items (this also means they cannot order the small items in the same order).

You could also have a message display on the products stating that they are not available to overseas customers (create a new layout for those products and add the message into the layout).

is there a way to select a product section, and make all sub-categories and products be classified as the same weight, as to not have to set a weight for the entire catalogue, some 900+ products.
    I'm afraid not. You could set the default weight for the majority of your products in the shipping & handling tab and then just change the weights for anything different.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
      I'm afraid not. You could set the default weight for the majority of your products in the shipping & handling tab and then just change the weights for anything different.
      Thanks Tracey. Wasn't quite aware I could do it that way, so it seems like that's the only half shortcut I've got at the moment. Seems weighing 2400+ products isn't fun, by the way

Comment

Working...
      X