Shipping Class Defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Class Defaults

I currently use weight based shipping which I am generally happy with, but occasionally I get customers who email me to ask where they can select the cheapest shippig method (usually 2nd class)

The confusion arrises if they add say 2 items to the basket which weighs 1.4kg, the correct postage shows for the price for "Standard Parcels" which is the cheapest option, if they continue shopping but later remove one item and reduce the weight to say 650g the cheapest option should now be Royal Mail 2nd class post, but "Standard Parcels" is still displayed as the default shipping option with its higher price.
    The customer can easily change the shipping method once they get to the shopping cart (providing they see it), but I find customers can be confused and potentially abandon the cart without getting to the checkout.

Is there a way around this problem.

The simplest option would be to only allow "Standard Parcels" to be selected for weight above 1kg, but cannot see how this can be achieved. I can obviously enter a maximum weight but not a minimum.

I am aware that the default order of the shipping class can be changed following the details in the AUG, but this will not help in this case.

My site is currently using V7 (shortly to be relaunched with V9)
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Move the shipping options up on the page so they are the very first thing you see without scrolling.

Comment

A suggestion I might use when I launch my V9 redesign, but this doesn't solve the problem with the shipping charge in the basket.
      Often the customer who email haven't actual gone as far as the checkout to see the options so are only seeing the default option.

Am I right in assuming I cannot assign a minimum weight to a particular shipping method/class.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
      X