Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping – value basis shipping

Hi

I have a shipping problem that I’ve just been able to find any solutions to, neither in the knowledge base nor the forums, plenty of near misses though.

I’ve fairly recently taken over an existing site, so the existing shipping set up is very well established and any suggestion that the shipping pricing model changes, would stiffly resisted.

The problem is, oh yes, excluding one product from incurring a shipping charge, the sites shipping price model is value based, with three bands – £2 up to £15, £4 up to £35, £6 up to £50 and free over £50, they only ship to UK mainland and there is only one class, for a courier delivery.

Now from what I can work out, either all the products on the site converts to weight based shipping and the free shipping product gets marked down as 0g or change the shipping basis to categories have one as free shipping but the other category can only have a single flat charge or per item charge.

Neither solution retains the value based shipping bands, which kind of makes it all a non-starter in my bosses’ eyes.

I hope there is a solution here but I just can’t see it at the moment.

Many thanks
    Maugan

Ps Any idea where Actinic is on getting ‘exclude from shipping band calculation’ to actual work on value basis shipping it would solve this one?

Hi,

I'm afraid that the only way around this would be to use the 'by weight' basis, however, if you set the weight of your products to be the same as the product price then you could still retain your current shipping values. Then you can use the 'exclude from shipping band calculation' option on the product that you want to have free shipping.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X