Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping charges by customer type - Trade etc

Hi All

I have just had a trade login built into our site and am looking to set our shipping charges so that trade customers pay a flat shipping charge of £5.95 within the UK whilst retail customers pay a flat fee of £1.70.
    International buyers for both types of customer will be charged based on weight.

I can't see a way of doing this within 8.5.3. Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Graeme

www.gamolagolf.co.uk

Hi,

I'm afraid that this can't be done. I have looked at using surcharges which you can restrict to 'retail' or 'trade' but you then can't restrict it to countries so the surcharge would apply to all 'retail' customer no matter where they were delivering to.

I'll add it to the wish-list for you.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Ok, thanks for that. How do you add the surcharges for differnet buyer groups? I may be able to work with that to suit my needs.

Graeme

Comment

Create an 'order level' discount but tick the 'surcharge' box. Set the customer group in the 'restrictions' tab.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

can this be done so a certain customer group ("A") sees it as a shipping discount off the standard price rather than the standard rates customer group "B" sees.

I would like to be able to offer members of the site a discount on shipping, but the shop part of the site is also open to non-members & I think if non-members see it as a surcharge in the shopping cart, it may put them off.

Comment

If you set the restriction to a particular customer group then the other customer groups (including 'retail') will not see it.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X