Corrupt Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupt Shipping

I am in the process of upgrading from 7 to 9. I have designed fresh into a new v9 and used the product import from a snapshot upgrade v9 on another machine.

I have uploaded in test mode and am now just tiding up the shipping.

It would appear that the shipping data is corrupt.

From the attached screen shot you can see that UK and ROI both have a single class. The UK class should read Post/Carrier but when I try to change its name I get told that this already exsits. If I change it to Carrier/Post, the ROI class also changes to this. Changing ROI back to Airmail/Carrier also changes UK Mainland again.

I also get fairly random advisory messages regarding locations existing in two zones however the messages state the same zone as being the two zones in question eg.

"Angola appears in Rest of World and also Rest of World"

(Rest of world only has one class)

Can the shipping be cleared so that I can start the classes again with a fresh pallet.

In an ideal world it would be nice to retain the class information but I am quite happy to type it in again if it means a clean start.
    Attached Files
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

a clean start is possible, just delete the classes you have created.

But you can have a class with the same name, use your existing class, that you have for ROI dont create a new one, then you can populate the it the appropriate charges.

You cant duplicate the class names by creating a new class that has the same name, you just use the one you have.

OK hope that makes sense

As for the other bit, have you checked to make sure you dont have angola listed under more than one zone

it appears to me this is what it is saying, you have it listed twice

D

Comment

Thanks Darren,

I think something a bit more sinister is happening.

I have checked through it all and there is no location that appears twice anywhere.

These duplicate messages seem to appear randomly occasionally when I apply any changes. It is not the same country each time and it always states the same zone twice as the duplicate.

I suspect the problem eminated from from a program seizure the other day at the point of applying some shipping changes.

I sort of get the feeling that some of the shipping data is duplicated or there is an indexing problem.

Hence I want to be sure this is all gone before I start re-entering the Zones and classes
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Always a posibility that something in the DB is less than happy. As for clearing it all out, i mean every last piece i am not sure of the best way.

Comment

A quick way to start from the default settings is to replace the 'Site folder\Ship Control\SimpleShipping.mdb' with the one from 'c:\program files\Actinic v9\Original\ShipControl\SimpleShipping.mdb' (close Actinic before doing this).
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey

I have sent a snapshot up to development as requested by cover to make sure nothing nasty is happening. In the meantime I shall do as you suggest as I want to get done whilst the free payments setup offer is still on.

I shall make sure I can go backwards again by saving it's current state on another machine in case the investigation by development turns up something else.
            Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X