Another free shipping query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another free shipping query

I've had a scratch about the numerous free shipping posts, but cant find an info on this - it's 100% likely that I'm just being stupid & overlooking something, but;

I'm currently using zone/class & actual weight for numerous delivery methods & offering over 1000 items from 0.01 > 50.00kg around the globe & I have a specific range of products that I want to offer free shipping on.

My first attempt was to select the "exclude from shipping band calculation" option on these items, which does work to a fashion - but still allows the customer the option of the full range of delivery methods at £0.00. I want to carry out the free shipping on a specific service as it's not viable to offer free shipping on premium delivery services.

I tried the above because I didn't want to get into the whole scenario of fudging weights, but came to the conclusion that I might have to. So, I thought that if I set all the free products at 100kg & added a weight band of 100kg at £0.00 to my 1st class tables that this might work - BUT 1st class is limited to 20Kg & surely doing this would allow customers to order in excess of 20Kg on 1st class for £0.00 regardless of weather the items were free postage or not?

To sort that out a thought that I would reduce the weights & have them at something like 0.001Kg, but it seems that that won't work either as the zone tables will only accept down to 2 decimal places (although the product weights will go to three?).

Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

It sounds like your second idea should work. Set the free shipping products to some light weight such as 0.01kg and then create a free shipping option with a maximum weight of 0.01kg. That way anything up to .01kg would qualify and the customer would see the free shipping option. Anyone who's buying one of your real products wouldn't qualify as they be at the .01k limit already.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I removed the "exclude from shipping band calculation" option, changed my free products to 0.01Kg, upped all the existing 0.01Kg products to 0.011Kg & set up a new free shipping class with a max weight of 0.01Kg & it works perfectly - thanks again!
      Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Working...
      X