Sellerdeck 14.0.1 Out of Stock Choices not being hidden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck 14.0.1 Out of Stock Choices not being hidden

I just downloaded the latest version 14.0.1 to check stock control.

Out of Stock Items are not being hidden and are available as a choice.

I used the default products that come with the example store.

I chose the 'Solitaire Diamond Ring'

On the 'option' component on the layout tab, I ticked 'hide out of stock options' and 'include grid of choice details'

I went down the 'Solitaire Diamond Ring' hidden product choices and I checked all had 'stock monitoring' enabled and I set the stock of each item to zero (except yellow gold size I)

I previewed the store and as you can see from my screenshots, the out of stock items are not being hidden from the choice drop down.

Interestingly, the 'grid of choices' correctly shows the only item I left with some stock; 'yellow gold size I'

Having now simplified this to the extreme, and used the default products that come with Sellerdeck, I am sure that out of stock items are not being hidden in 14.0.1. This is definately not working.

Would someone from Sellerdeck please confirm that this bug is noted and in line to be fixed, and give us an estimate of when that might be.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

This issue seems to be the same bug as in this report from March 2014;

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55138
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Can someone please tell me why my posts regarding this issue are being ignored.

Other forum people... please tell me what I'm doing wrong!
      Have I broken some unspoken code of behaviour by pointing out this bug? Is there a siege mentality at Sellerdeck?

This isnt really a 'bug'. Its more like a broken system. Ticking 'hide out of stock options' simply doesnt work. Out of stock options are displayed and are available to buy..
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Seriously! no reply to this..nothing from Sellerdeck...
        shocking.

Comment

I know 2 people who cant upgrade because this fault is in all recent versions!

Comment

This forum is primarily used as a community for user discussion and interaction.

If you want support from Sellerdeck you need to contact them using the Support Center link at the top of the page.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

That's already been tried.. many times... by me at least!

Because I am on v10 support will not talk to me because they no longer support version10.

I have also phoned sales and emailed technical support.. no one has replied.

If you look at the link to the other thread on the 'bugs' section, you will see that Sellerdeck do respond on here... sometimes.. Personally I dont know what else to try?
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Ah, right. So it's a catch 22 situation. You want to upgrade to V14 but you can't until this bug has been fixed but sellerdeck won't talk to you because you're currently using V10 which is no longer supported.

Perhaps one of the forum mods might push this up as something needing a response from Sellerdeck. You could try highlighting it to them by reporting the thread using the button on the right.

Mike

A few things come to mind though:

1. Does Preview mode include the functionality needed or would hiding the out of stock options be done by AJAX/Jquery in real time in order to work with the real time stock control?

2. I assume that even if the out of stock products are shown they won't be orderable as the real time stock control will kick in and inform anyone who tries to buy that the product is out of stock. Not ideal, I know. Just not a complete disaster.

3. Looking around it sounds to me as if the options are generated statically on upload. So out of stock products should be hidden in preview mode but wouldn't be hidden online of they went out of stock since the last upload. (although maybe this is in progress which could be why there's a problem).

4. It also sounds as if there's a customer message (such as 'SOLD OUT') that can be added to the option listing when out of stock. I haven't used this so can't confirm it works but it appears in the pricing tab for the product.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                  Ah, right. So it's a catch 22 situation. You want to upgrade to V14 but you can't until this bug has been fixed but sellerdeck won't talk to you because you're currently using V10 which is no longer supported.
                  Exactly. and according to the linked thread in the 'bugs' section, this fault is in all recent versions.

1. Does Preview mode include the functionality needed or would hiding the out of stock options be done by AJAX/Jquery in real time in order to work with the real time stock control?
                  It hides them in preview in v10. Plus the 'grid of choices' correctly hides the out of stock options.

2. I assume that even if the out of stock products are shown they won't be orderable as the real time stock control will kick in and inform anyone who tries to buy that the product is out of stock. Not ideal, I know. Just not a complete disaster.
                  Not as far as this thread says, This says the out of stock options can still be ordered and this bug isnt mentioned as being fixed.
                  http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...t=55138http://

3. Looking around it sounds to me as if the options are generated statically on upload. So out of stock products should be hidden in preview mode but wouldn't be hidden online of they went out of stock since the last upload. (although maybe this is in progress which could be why there's a problem).
                  As I said thats not how it works in v10. Out of stock options are removed from the drop down in preview and then removed online at upload.

4. It also sounds as if there's a customer message (such as 'SOLD OUT') that can be added to the option listing when out of stock. I haven't used this so can't confirm it works but it appears in the pricing tab for the product.
                  I am unable to find that option. Can you tell me where that is exactly?
                  Thanks.
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

As I said thats not how it works in v10. Out of stock options are removed from the drop down in preview and then removed online at upload.
                    I think we're agreeing on this. My comment was whether the option would be removed online if it went out of stock after the upload? i.e. You have 3 in stock when you upload. Sell 3 online. Ideally the option would then disappear without you having to do a download/upload but I don't think this happens.

I am unable to find that option. Can you tell me where that is exactly?
                    I'm going by this post here. http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...7&postcount=11

Whether this works in V14 or not I can't say.

Mike

Comment

thanks for the clue, but this doesnt look like a solution, especially seeing as you need to add it to the code of each product? I'd have to add it to over 500 items!

What we really need is for the tick box 'hide out of stock options' on permutation layout options to work!
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                        thanks for the clue, but this doesnt look like a solution, especially seeing as you need to add it to the code of each product? I'd have to add it to over 500 items!

What we really need is for the tick box 'hide out of stock options' on permutation layout options to work!
                        Hi

I have just uploaded a clean Sellerdeck 2014 V14.0.1 PBIA to http://test4.toddesigns.com/acatalog...g-3.html#SID=1 as you can see it is hiding the out of stock item white gold size I

Has anyone else actually tried to upload to a real site, the PC preview does not hide the product but the real site appears to work OK. I have set more than one item to zero stock to see that it works for all settings.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                        Custom Packages

Comment

Malbro, I cant thank you enough. I havent been able to upload a test site, and seeing as the preview hid out of stock items in v10 I presumed it would do the same in v14. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                            Malbro, I cant thank you enough. I havent been able to upload a test site, and seeing as the preview hid out of stock items in v10 I presumed it would do the same in v14. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
                            Tell Sellerdeck to send the commission over when you purchase

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                            Custom Packages

Comment

turns out stock control though working with the default products isnt working with my products!

I imported a hierarchical file into a default Smart Resposive Theme on v14.0.1 and published to web. Some 'out of stock choices' are not being hidden, thoughh correctly showing as 'out of stcok' and 'suspended' in the on board stock control. This issue is with support.
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X