Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Variables in CSS file

Dear Actinauts,

I am new to Actinic so forgive the dumb questions! So far so good and I can see that I will like this product . I have an image that I am applying to my background, it is defined in the the CSS file like this:
    body {
    text-align:center;
    background: url("FuzzyDiamond.jpg" />") repeat-x;
    position:relative;
    background-position: 0px 350px;
    }

This works fine but I want to use a variable so that it can easily be changed so I did this:
    body {
    text-align:center;
    background: url("<actinic:variable name="TOR_BackgroundStripe" />") repeat-x;
    position:relative;
    background-position: 0px 350px;
    }

I can't make this work but don't know why. The variable type is filename and I have set both values to FuzzyDiamond.jpg. What have I missed?

Once I have made this work I want to have a list of choices, I know how to do this but my question is this, if my list is made up or file names do I need to format them in any way in the list? And, if my images are in a folder what is the correct format when entering the list values?

many thanks........................ liz

Welcome to the Community Liz.

What you're doing should work.

Look at the generated actinic.css on your server and tell us what appears there.

If site isn't live you'll find a generated file in PreviewHTML.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

There's already a BG image variable used in site options, use that or compare against that. I'm surprised the top code works, there's a stray /> in the css that shouldn't be there.

Comment

Presumably you've set a value for your variable, and it exists in the Site1 folder?

Comment

Working...
        X