Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinterest Pin It links only work with product images directly in the site folder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinterest Pin It links only work with product images directly in the site folder.

Problem:

Pin It links produce invalid image urls. They only work with product / fragment images directly in the site folder. Product Images within sub-folders will have invalid code (that includes the sub-folder path) generated.

Fix:

The Pin It layouts are using.
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" />
    When they should be using.
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />
    Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Social Media Buttons / Product Pin It Button Layout.
    Replace duff code as above.

P.S. There are similar issues with Fragments. In Fragment Pin It Button Layout, replace:
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="FragmentImageFileName" />
    With:
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="FragmentImageFileNameRaw" />
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Good Evening Norman

I wonder if you can help me?

I followed these instructions (and thank you for posting them) but the Product Image still will not appear as it should on Pinterest - I have appended the appropriate Code from my Site and I would be more than grateful if could let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
    Problem:

Pin It links produce invalid image urls. They only work with product / fragment images directly in the site folder. Product Images within sub-folders will have invalid code (that includes the sub-folder path) generated.

Fix:

The Pin It layouts are using.
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" />
    When they should be using.
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />
    Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Social Media Buttons / Product Pin It Button Layout.
    Replace duff code as above.

P.S. There are similar issues with Fragments. In Fragment Pin It Button Layout, replace:
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="FragmentImageFileName" />
    With:
    Code:
    <actinic:variable name="FragmentImageFileNameRaw" />
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinterest_Pin.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	551567
    Attached Files

Comment