Product Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
    Thanks Jan but how would I know what that is as I never needed cover before so I have no idea.....
    See this page for pricing:http://www.actinic.co.uk/ecommerce-s.../upgrades.html

They have an offer of 10% off cover and no sign up free if you purchase cover on or before 31st March so buying cover is either the same as or cheaper than the upgrade only option.

Will any of the resellers be offering upgrades at a lower price?
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

thanks Darren

Comment

Sorry if I was hard to get hold of, it does seem strange as we did log those that requested access to the Alpha. As Rich pointed out it could have just ended up in my junk filter, guess we will never know but if so I apologise.

However, we really have included our customers with this release. We had 12 people on the alpha, with the first cut being at a very early stage. We have also been testing against a number of snapshots sent in for us to review against the release and also had some customers taking part in paid testing for us. This is all twinned with an extensive level of QAing internally, hopefully that underlines our commitment to quality.

I don't think a release has ever had this level of testing before.

By the very nature of software and the way Actinic works with the hundreds of potential configurations and environments, there will be bugs. However using something like Get Satisfaction should demonstrate we don't try to hide them, we are committed to getting it right.

Ben
        Benjamin Dyer
        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

I've downloaded the Beta V10 and my site seems ok when using it. A couple of questions though.

1) Will the final version be slightly quicker performance wise or is this as good as it gets?

2) How long is the full version expected to take until people with Actinic Support receive a product key?

3) I'm also keen to know how it's live stock control works with uploading?

Thanks
          Shaun

Comment

Hi Shaun,

1. Have you upgraded a site or started fresh?

2. As soon as we announce a production release and you have specified you want v10.0.0 you will get a key.

3.What would you like to know, are there any specifics?

We have a number of v10 webinars that might be useful: Thursday 18th March 11:00 - 12:00 or Thursday 25th March 11.00 - 12.00.
            Benjamin Dyer
            CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

I've just imported a snapshot of my site into V10.

Because of the performance issues i had when i used 1 PC in the shop i installed 2 PC and networked them so i could use the till all the time during a busy day and also have someone adding products on the other PC.

When i download orders it's always to the main till computer, so the stock levels are correct, currently everyday i'm having to save it as a shared file in the network and then import the snapshot onto my till version of V8. I then upload the new stock quantity to the main till's V8 and upload to the web.

Is there any way of using the computers independently (increased productivity with 2 members of staff) and still being able to download orders, refresh stock quantity and upload the newest stock quantity?

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRacers View Post
                Is there any way of using the computers independently (increased productivity with 2 members of staff) and still being able to download orders, refresh stock quantity and upload the newest stock quantity?
                Yes, it's a Business Plus two user system.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                  Hi Shaun,

As soon as we announce a production release and you have specified you want v10.0.0 you will get a key.
                  How do we request a key or who do we ask for V10?

Comment

There will be an online form to request the upgrade key, just as with v9.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X