No announcement yet.

If v10 doesn't...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is the case maybe a minimum spec for multi user is produced, the only info i recall seeing quotes minimum XP SP2 1gb ram and ie6

from the comments here it would seem this is not the case?

Comment

I have convinced myself it's the sync program that causes the holdup, but that's just my view no way to check it out, Running Intel Xeon 3065 @ 2.33Ghz and 3 gig of Ram. on server 2003, 1 gig switch and cables etc
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

One of the problems is caused by Actinic losing indeces on the Access database. This is a relatively rare occurence, but across the entire Actinic user base it happens regularly. The result is a sudden dramatic deterioration in performance. We think it may be down to a Microsoft Access bug and we've never managed to reproduce it in the lab.

In v10, Actinic checks for this condition on start up and fixes it there and then. For v9, support can fix the database if its sent to us. We would hope to be able to port the automated fix back into a v9 maintenance release in the future.

Chris

Comment

Yes version 10 ran through that process for me when testing.

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
          In v10, Actinic checks for this condition on start up and fixes it there and then. For v9, support can fix the database if its sent to us. We would hope to be able to port the automated fix back into a v9 maintenance release in the future.

Chris
          www.satellite.ie

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
            We would hope to be able to port the automated fix back into a v9 maintenance release in the future.

Chris
            That would be nice for us, unlikely to upgrade for about 6 months and v10.0.1
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your replies.

We are about to test our database in v10.2 Beta and see if this helps, support are also looking at the database. Having read all your comments, I now have a plan.

In May

1. Purchase a new, much quicker, Epos computer from Actinic.

2. Purchase two computers as fast as possible. Any suggestions of what kind gratefully recieved. We currently use XPs with dual processors which I'm sure are a culprit in this.

3. Upgrade to V10.

We have suffered corrupt databases about twice a year, but support have always been amazing and have have the fixed file back within the hour. I am also greatly encouraged by the possibility of a database fixing thingy being written into v10.

While i'm typing this Charlotte is trying to add some new socks to the site and it has just crashed, so it will not be too soon...

Regards, Robert
              Robert Johnston
              www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Johnston View Post

2. Purchase two computers as fast as possible. Any suggestions of what kind gratefully recieved. We currently use XPs with dual processors which I'm sure are a culprit in this.
                I would be interested to hear views also on this.
                www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
                X