BUGS Being Experienced with Windows 7 64-Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUGS Being Experienced with Windows 7 64-Bit

I'm getting a number of random errors with v10 on W7. Most of them are intermittent, which points to actinic as far as i can see:

1. publish to web, it sometimes takes up to 25 presses of this to actually get the site to upload, it seems to hinge on the 'checking catalog' measure if that starts at say 570/570, then it will not upload, if it starts at 1/570, then it will upload.

2. In marketing > best sellers 'include sales from last' field is not editable, nor is the auto-generate field, cursor will not react with them at all. (the drop down lists and the radio buttons are ok though)

3. A database compact fails most of the time, occasionally it works for no apparent reason though

4. I get the empty window and red cross with no error message on closing

5. Switching sites creates a DMP file more often than not, once its recovered from crash, open up the site again and it works fine

6. When installing the software it struggles to find the site.ini file by the looks of it, reporting that there are no sites, after a few attempts of pointing to the same folder, it somehow then finds the example store

7. On upload, when you tick to say you want to overwrite the home page, it does not recall that you have ticked and asks the question again the next time you upload

I see these faults on 3 different sites, including a brand new licensed one, so it looks software specific, not site specific, actinic for me at the moment is not working correctly with W7.

Windows 7 professional.
    Actinic v10

Every time I close Actinic I get an error beep and an empty error dialog box with a red cross in it pops up.

Comment

Can you try a database compact Clive and see what happens?

Comment

Hi Lee,

I've recently downloaded actinic v10 on my win7 and experienced same problems(No.2,4,5) you've got.
        Use to have the first problem as well, but I think it's due to the trial hosting server, after I change to another server, it's ok.

Comment

I am only trialing the default 'silver theme' with the sample products.
          When I compact the database, it runs through, says it was compacted sucessfully and then makes the error beep and displays the empty error box with red cross in it.

I havent gone any further, like adding my own products or trying my own design as I want it to work properly with the default themes before I go ahead and decide to buy it.

As it is, I'm not going to buy it, as it doesnt seem to be happy with windows 7

Comment

Definitely looks to be W7 bugs, i've just transferred the same site onto v10 with XP so i can get some work done and it's working fine. Hopefully this is getting some high priority because some things on W7 are so fast compared to XP and it'd be a shame for that not to be realised because of compatability issues.

Comment

mine is windows 7 32bit... So I think its 32bit and 64bit versions of windows 7.

Comment

I'm running Windows 7 professional 64 bit and have no problems at all.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

lucky you !

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                    2. In marketing > best sellers 'include sales from last' field is not editable, nor is the auto-generate field, cursor will not react with them at all. (the drop down lists and the radio buttons are ok though)

These two are ones i have got used to in earlier versions but also get them in V10, sort of got used to all these things nowadays.

can you select one field and use the tab key and space keys - this seems to work for me

Darren

Comment

Same here

I'm on W7 32 bit and experience:

1, 2, and 7 that Lee posted above

Cheers Keith

Comment

Can anyone reporting problems also let us know what specific version of Windows 7 you are using and also anything pertinent about your setup. It seems clear there are W7 problems and it might help them nail down the problems. Hopefully this will be getting some very high level focus, i currently have a brand new system that i cannot use because of these problems, whereas every other piece of software i use, has loaded and works as it does on my old system.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, i have Office 2010 installed, i have an administrator called Lee setup on the system, i was signed into this account when i installed and the program was made available to Lee.

Let's hope someone is on the case with this, the benefits of using W7 with actinic are vast (when it works).

Comment

I'm using windows 7 professional and v10 business plus.

This is a brand new pc with fresh windows 7 installation... and may I say, windows 7 is very good.. everything vista should have been!

I have the Lees errors 1, 4 and 7

1. publish to web, it sometimes takes up to 25 presses of this to actually get the site to upload,

this happens every time i close.

7. On upload, when you tick to say you want to overwrite the home page, it does not recall that you have ticked and asks the question again the next time you upload

I wont go ahead with building my site with v10 until it works without error. The error beep on closing is very disconcerting, It doesnt inspire trust in the user.

Comment

That's rather a long list to try to address via the Community. I think they need to be pursued via the usual support channels.

Off the top of my head, though, both 2 and 4 are known bugs which are not specific either to Windows 7 or to v10. Both were first reported in v9 and Vista.

Re 5, I wonder if you have done a hierarchical import into the site in v10? We are fixing a bug in v10.0.2 that can cause crashes on switching sites following a hierarchical import. Again, not Windows 7 specific.

I know we have 1 under investigation ATM. 6 and 7 are odd, we haven't seen either of those in testing.

Version 10 has been tested extensively on Windows 7, both internally and during the beta program, and at this stage we are not aware of any unresolved issues that are proven to be Win 7 related. I'm not making any assumptions and won't be offering a cash prize for any discoveries, but I think at least the majority of the issues posted here are coincidental to the use of Win 7.

IMO it would be best to pursue these through the usual support channels, so that they are seen in detail by the most technically experienced people, and we can gather as much relevant information as possible.

Thanks
                            Bruce Townsend
                            Ecommerce Product Manager
                            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                              I'm not making any assumptions and won't be offering a cash prize for any discoveries, but I think at least the majority of the issues posted here are coincidental to the use of Win 7.
                              I hope you are right, although if i snapshot the site, import it into v10 on an XP machine, ALL of those issues disappear and i mean ALL of them. Fresh PC with a fresh install of actinic, all a bit coincidental and strange. Maybe the inherited issues from before are Vista related and these issues are in fact OS related.

9.0.5 on XP has been the most solid actinic combination I have ever used. With V10 and W7, i've actually seen my first DMP files in months.

The upload one is a killer, that renders actinic useless.

PS - no hierarchicals involved, it's the same on a brand new licensed site which is untouched.

Comment

Working...
                              X