Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm using the 'Business Theme' but my navigation rollovers don't work. How can I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the 'Business Theme' but my navigation rollovers don't work. How can I...

I'm using the 'Business Theme' but my navigation rollovers don't work. How can I fix that?

This is because that theme has two navigation bars (one at the top of the screen and one at the bottom) that are using the same layouts. There are two choices to get the rollovers working again:

1. Remove the bottom navigation bar so that the browser doesn't get confused. To do this:

* edit your overall layout (the default 'Business' theme uses 'Basic - Top and Bottom Nav Bar')
    * look for the variable 'Basic Footer Area' (around line 37)
    * right-click on this variable and select 'Edit Appearance'
    * in the 'Use fixed layout' field choose 'Basic Footer Area With No Navigation Bar'
    * click 'OK' and the rollovers will now work on your top navigation bar.

2. Create new layouts for your top navigation bar. To do this:

* go to the 'Design' menu and select 'Library'
    * on the 'Layouts' tab expand the 'Navigation Icons' group (click on the '+')
    * right-click on the 'Back Image Navigation Button' layout and select 'copy'
    * this will put a new layout into the library called 'Back Image Navigation Button (copy)' (you can rename this if you wish)
    * double-click on the new layout to edit it
    * locate 'nav_back' and change it to 'nav_back1' (it should appear twice in the layout, you need to change both)
    * click 'OK'
    * you need to do this for each navigation icon that you use in your store, ie:

Checkout Image Navigation Button (nav_checkout)
    Contact Us Image Navigation Button (nav_contact)
    Enter Shop Image Navigation Button (nav_enter)
    Home Image Navigation Button (nav_home)
    Login Image Navigation Button (nav_login)
    Search Image Navigation Button (nav_search)
    Sitemap Image Navigation Button (nav_sitemap)
    Store Top Image Navigation Button (nav_storetop)
    Terms Image Navigation Button (nav_terms)
    Up A Level Image Navigation Button (nav_up)
    View Cart Image Navigation Button (nav_cart)

* still in the Library, expand the 'Navigation Bars' group
    * right-click on the 'Horizontal Nav Bar Images' layout and select 'copy'
    * this will put a new layout into the library called 'Horizontal Nav Bar Images (copy)' (you can rename this if you wish)
    * double-click on this new layout to edit it
    * you then need to edit each variable to use the new layouts you created above. Do this by right-clicking on the variable and select 'Edit appearance'. Select your new layout in the 'Use fixed layout' field, for example,

Home Image Navigation Button

would become

Home Image Navigation Button (copy)

* click 'OK'
    * finally, you need to edit you 'Basic Header Area' layout in the 'Page Areas' group
    * locate the 'Horizontal Nav Bar Images' variable, right-click on it and select 'Edit appearance'
    * select your new navigation bar layout in the 'Use fixed layout' field (ie 'Horizontal Nav Bar Images (copy)')
    * click 'OK' and close the library
    * your rollovers should now work on the top and bottom navigation bars.
Working...
X