This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June '09 Update

Welcome to the June 2009 Actinic update.

The real news since the last update has been the beta and launch of our latest v9 maintenance release v9.0.4.

V9.0.4 Beta

Based on your feedback from the v9.0.3 beta, we wanted to provide those of you on the beta program something a little more ‘interactive’. The idea for v9.0.4 was to use the site Get Satisfaction. My view is (and I am very keen to hear what you think) it’s been a great success. The site has enabled us to quickly and easily spot trends with the beta as well as providing the beta participants with a channel to share issues with us and each other. If you took part in the beta, please let me know what you thought about it, specifically your views on Get Satisfaction how can we improve the beta program for the future.

V9.0.4 Launch

Following a private and two public beta builds v9.0.4 was officially launched on 26th May. I am delighted to read your views and comments on the release, especially where it’s fixed a number of long standing problems. At the time of writing this update the release has been downloaded over 500 times and I know a lot of community regulars have already upgraded their sites.

Its also great to hear you are finding the 3rd Man anti fraud checking a useful feature. We have been working hard to make Actinic Payments the most integrated PSP solution on the market and having anti fraud services directly within v9 should make life considerably easier.

So, with v9.0.4 out of the door what’s next?

We are actively working on four major projects:

1. V9.0.4 Enterprise
    2. The next maintenance release of v9
    3. The next major release, v10
    4. EPOS v3.1

Enterprise customers should be able to get their hands on v9.0.4 soon. We will be in touch directly when it’s ready.

I anticipate the next v9 release to be relatively small; the contents are still being worked out but I would like to think we would have an idea for the next monthly update, as soon as we do I’ll happily share this with you so you know what to expect. V10 is taking shape nicely, however our immediate priority is v9.

EPOS v3.1 is also in development; we are resolving about 18 minor issues that have been reported from users as well as including a new import feature. The new import enables you to quickly enter products into EPOS via CSV, a much-requested feature.

Support

Support continues to be busy as the number of new stores and upgrades increase, however 85% of calls in May were answered within 2 minutes and there is a continual focus to improve this and the time to resolve issues. We are committed to providing excellent support to customers and will be adding to the telephone support team this month. We are also looking at new developments to make supporting customers easier over the next couple of months, but in the mean time, I would urge you to continue to use the knowledge base which is constantly being updated with new articles.

I hope you have found this update useful, I would encourage you to feedback your thoughts on the supporting thread. I am taking a holiday, so I’ll leave you in the capable hands of Bruce!

Ben
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?
Working...
X