Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BR> between input box and quantity

<br />
    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br /><br />
    <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
    </actinic:block>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br />
    <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
    <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
    <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <br />
    <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span>
    &nbsp;
    <input type="text" name="Q_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />
    code is taken from CSS product llayout

I'm trying to get a line beak between the other info prompt and quantity box, there seems to be plenty in the code, but none on the output page

http://www.rannochsmokery.co.uk/acat...ns.html#aGIFT4

Could this in the CSS be causing the fault?

.content_right {
    text-align: left;
    float: left;

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You're going to have to explain your thinking here jont, as those statements are horizontal placers, thus why would that affect vertical spacing?

I was thinking of separating the lines
      <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br /><br />
      and

<span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span>
      with <BR> but that doesn't work,

so you could be right, I don't understand how though

Comment

Not sure if <br /> is classed as a block level element - if not this could be causing the problem.

Unable to play live on the site in real-time with Firefox as the css code is not revealing itself properly

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Not sure if <br /> is classed as a block level element - if not this could be causing the problem.
          that was it, I moved the <br> outside of the block statements.

New one on me, cheers Jont

Comment

Just to clarify a bit.

A SPAN element is an inline element and a single <BR /> will only put a single CR, in order to create a space between lines you would need to place 2 <BR />'s together:

<SPAN>TEXT</SPAN><BR /><BR /><SPAN>TEXT</SPAN>

Would create:

TEXT

TEXT

Block elements will always create their own CR's (as in the <P> element).

We are lucky that browsers are so forgiving with HTML, I was brought up on SGML, now thats a mans markup language!!

Mike
            Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
            www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X