McAfee - Suspect Site Upload Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McAfee - Suspect Site Upload Problem

I have just completed the set up for a new PC to replace one (4 years old) with a failing hard drive.

The old PC had Norton 360 Security Anit-Virus protection, whereas the new PC had McAfee pre-installed which was needed to maintain protection during set up until I was able to get the Norton 360 protection re-established that works fine without problems.

With McAfee installed I found that I could download orders but uploading the site stalled and failed each time I tried.

The first time this happened an error message appeared something like "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable cannot be accessed". This did not appear again. I checked Windows 10 Settings | Apps and Features and this did show that 1 of 3 entries for Visual C++ Redistributable installation did not appear complete.

After aborted upload attempts, I had some calls from customers saying they were unable to complete orders on transfer to Sellerdeck Payments page which I found to be disabled on a test order.

The only way I could get round this was to take a site snapshot from Sellerdeck on the new PC, import that back into Sellerdeck on the old PC (still acitve before stripping/scrapping), upload and then export the site snapshot out again for import back on the new PC.

The problems I was having with site upload surprisingly cleared after McAfee was completely uninstalled for Norton 360 to be re-installed - this took about 3 hours working remotely with Symantec support.

The above is just to make other users aware that there could be issues with McAfee obstructing Sellerdeck functionality and I would be interested to know if any other users have experienced similar problems.

Martin Nichols
    Mantra Audio
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

Hello Martin

I have this issue as well with Mcafee and it's a pain in the back side, it's nothing to do with SD as I use SD14. As you say, you can only download orders, you can't use Syncronise or even upload a site with McAfee running. All you can do is disable the firewall which is crazy

I reset McAfee to "Monitor" and alert me when anything is trying to connect to the internet, ie; SD. It didn't even alert me, it just blocked SD and I can't find an easy way to force it to allow SD to upload. Even manually telling McAfee to allow SD doesn't do anything, only downloading of orders

I can't believe it's just us two who have this problem

Comment

Hello Kev

At least I am not alone, I believe it (McAfee) screwed up my Outlook connectivety as well and I had to contact Microsoft Support to get this one sorted.

I did not think it was an SD problem as it was replicated on the old PC (no McAfee).

I recollect also that I experienced similar problems in the past when renewing the old PC with McAfee until it was completely removed.
      Martin
      Mantra Audio

Comment

I've avoided McAfee (and Norton) when they were resource hogs way back when...
        and never came back to them.

I remember using a special tool to remove them completely...

Sad to hear McAfee's still causing problems...

Comment

Strange you should say this Martin because I have posted another thread about TLS Email settings which is not working to the point even when I set SD back to LOCALHOST, I still don't get the test email

I still get the order emails etc, but this issue is with McAfee turned off. I've never been a lover of McAfee to be honest, but how do you explain to a customer that "You have to turn Firewall off".........

I have to turn it off all the time, but on my old Windows 8 with Trend Micro, hey presto, all is well

Comment

Working...
          X