No announcement yet.

Upgrading to v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my CUSTOMVAR's set on a section-by-section (and global) basis are converted to v8 "variables" but the upgrade is not populating them even though the variable appears in the properties tab

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'm going to bed....

Comment

Sweet dreams - V8 style

Comment

It gets worse ALL my page titles are now missing

Comment

counting commas

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
              It gets worse ALL my page titles are now missing
              Were they set as CUSTOMVAR's?

Bikster

Comment

... and more .... my modified Act_NavigationItem.html has been replaced with the default

Bikster

Comment

Were they set as CUSTOMVAR's?
                  No plain text.

Im having to uninstal V8 now as it will not upload due to the css and image errors.

Comment

Well thats the end of my fun and games with V8 - after reinstaling it tells me that my evaluation copy has expired.

Wonder how many copies of V7 I can get cheap

Comment

[QUOTE=george]Where did the NETQUOTE thingy's go? lol[QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RuralWeb]there does not seem to be a way of passing the template back and forth between DW and Actinic as can be done with V7[QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jont]This is my biggest (albeit small) gripe - the templates are all kept in-house by Actinic and not in the site1 folder[QUOTE]

Does this mean that we won't be able to create our own templates from scratch in DW by copying NQVs, CUSTOMVARS plus other Actinic code into a totally custom design (which we wanted also to do totally in CSS in future)?
                      Last edited by Mark H; 06-Jul-2006, 07:04 AM. Reason: missed a bit

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Looks that way. I can only get Actinic to import a template ( Registering a design - V8) from DW ONCE, there does not seem to be a way of passing it back as in V7.

Changes to the design now have to be done within V8 in HTML with some new Actinic code "bits". The CSS file looks huge and is not available to edit.

My first impression is that it is not as good as V7 -

Comment

I think that it is vital that we have a V8 section on the forum - V8 is so different to V7 that the version people are asking for help on needs to be clear.

Comment

Have I got this right - even if we can design a new template (rather than modifying an existing Actinic template) with our own bells and whistles in it (Java/RSS/online chat/CSS/Flash etc) and drop in the relevant Actinic code and variables - our template is "registered" then passed on to Actinic, never to be seen (by our DW) again? Where are templates held - on Actinic's servers? How is the process of creating a template (or amending an existing one) carried out - usually we pass it to and from DW and upload it about 30 times a day for a week to get it right!

Forgive me if I'm completely off the plot - haven't had my three weetabix yet
                            Last edited by Mark H; 06-Jul-2006, 08:13 AM. Reason: amendment

Comment

I dont think templates exist anymore! The template manager has gone and there is a new "design" feature within Actinic - a basic html editor type thing that will allow you to enter Actinic code bits. I cannot see a way of then passing this back to DW.

I cannot see the point of this "design" feature as most people use DW or the like and need the code there not locked into Actinic. Hopefully there is a way and someone will find it.

Comment

No doubt more info will come out today - I can't imagine that a lot of web designers (myself included) and Actinic shop owners/end users are now expected to learn and code in HTML, having had programs (DW and others) to write it for us for years

Comment

Working...
                                X