this solution has worked.

my design preview is now back up

Comment

Hi Adrian, Glad to know it's working for you

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Excellent!, I hope this works for me too, I am at work at the moment but I will try it when I get home tonight and let you know the results! Thank you very much for all your help

Comment

Still Not Working

Oh dear! I tried the above & still no joy, the "Design" tab is still blank, any more ideas? By the way FYI the entry in the Registry was already listed with an uppercase "C" i.e. "C:\Program Files\Actinic v8"

Comment

Maybe reinstalling would work, making sure when stating the installation drive, you type drive in uppercase.

Comment

Hi Alex, Sorry to hear it is not working. Hi there, Regarding this issue with the Design being blank, please could you email me a snapshot of your site please. Please could you email it to communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk, and I will look at it straight away

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Worked

Yes that worked for me on a D Drive install Lower case to upper case ,

Cheers
                Regards

ITC

www.itcsales.co.uk
                www.theitcgroup.com
                www.itclear.com

Comment

Emailed Site Snapshot

Originally posted by Nadeem
                  Hi Alex, Sorry to hear it is not working. Hi there, Regarding this issue with the Design being blank, please could you email me a snapshot of your site please. Please could you email it to communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk, and I will look at it straight away

Kind Regards
                  Hi Nadeem

Thanks for getting back to me, I have emailed MySiteSnapShot.rar to communityadmin@actinic.co.uk as you have asked so you should receive it soon!

Thanks again

Alex

Comment

Same thing here.

I have the same problem with the Design tab. I have reinstalled and it came back so I did a site snapshot of the fresh site, then I imported the site from the previous install and it disappeared again. When I imported the new snapshot I made after the fresh install again it came back. Very weird. I have tried this a few times and it does the same thing over and over.

Also it seems there are no help files available, is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Also it seems there are no help files available, is this normal?
                      Absolutely not. They should be available via 'Help | Help Topics'. What happens when you go to this option?

It seems there is something in the snapshot itself that is stopping the Design view from appearing. This could be something in your layouts, rather than the general installation problems that some of the other customers are experiencing.

Is there any odd JavaScript or PHP or something in your layouts that could cause the problem?

You could always raise an email support query via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm if you are not sure what you are looking for.

Comment

Hi there

then I imported the site from the previous install and it disappeared again
                        Please could you email me this snapshot file, so I can check. Email it to communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk, for my attention.

Kind Regards
                        Nadeem Rasool
                        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

When I access the Help|Help Topics I get a failed to launch help pop-up warning box.

I just started with a standard template so I dont think anything odd is going on. Even after the fresh install help was not working, I have no clue as to why.

Thanks

Nadeem, I am not currently at my computer but I will try to send that file to you.

Edit: The help file not working was an issue with windows and is fixed, lets just say it was pure hell to do so.

Comment

Better

Ok I am a happy camper again.

First I opened and imported the site snapshot that did NOT have a working layout tab. I then imported the snapshot from the fresh install, not selecting any of the overwrite options...and voila....it works just fine now.

All your base are belong to us.

Comment

That regisistry editing didn't work, I got the mail but was not able to download it that time due to bandwidth limit in previous month, I will download tat special build now.

Comment

Design Tab Stopped Working

Hi

Just thought I would join the bunch of design tab issues.....

Design tab worked fine for me to begin with, however I had to install the trial on my laptop at home so that I could carry on testing design features etc.

When I imported a snapshot (exported from the 8.0.2 trial on the work desktop computer) the design tab stopped working.

I tried the snapshot import several times but the same issue over and over (blank white screen when changing to design tab - clicking any menu like window, file, edit etc makes the software crash)

Uninstalled V8, deleted the actinic folder and reinstalled. This time the first thing I did was take a snapshot of the default store...

Reimported the snapshot of my store - same issues. Imported the default store snapshot and all was well again....

Any ideas actinic?

Comment

Working...
                                X