X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade From Developer 7

Hi,

I have not been here in a while - but i am totally confused! I have Developer version 7 - which i use to run my own sites and sites for other clients. I don;t see developer on the website any more. I see a new product called designer. What do i need to upgrade to? I don't have actinic cover - how much is the upgarde?

Andy

phone actinic sales they will talk you through everything

Comment

designer

Hi,

I will do that - can you tell me if Multi Business user has the same design features as the new "Actinic Designer" product - i certainly hope it does as Designer is a lot cheaper than Developer........

Andy

Comment

Design only allows you to design - it contains NO ORDERING FEATURES

thus if you have designer you also need to buy actinic client or client business to release a fully functioning site to a client.

To get multiple sites you will need Multi Site

Comment

If you have Developer v7 now, then get Cover for Developer, that will entitle you to the equiv title under v8, which is Business MS.

Comment

I have Developer cover and received Designer and Business MS.

David
            -----------------------------
            www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

cover

Hi,

Cheers for the info. Do you not need to have cover before version 8 came out?

Andy

Comment

Andy,

I would talk to Sales and ask them what the score is on this point!

David
                -----------------------------
                www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Ofcourse give sales a call to clarify things, but Cover exists for all the titles, so if you have a title which is defunct under the latest version, the cover subscription that you could take up before the new version is still available, is still available to you now, and then the upgrade path is as per that latest version, which on a feature for feature basis is from Developer v7 to Business Multi Site - i.e. multi site ability

Comment

upgrade

Hi,

I was just onto sales - they told me i would have to have taken out cover before the upgrade! I can't believe that i am expected to have to spend £425 on an upgrade when if i had been warned in advance that i could have taken out cover and had it for £250....... i don't actually have the money to pay to upgrade software i only about last year................. i think this is quiet unfair. Is there no other way around this??????

Andy

Comment

If you are running sites for clients and they want thier sites upgrading to V8 then you should be charging them which should more than cover the cost of upgrading your version.

Comment

Cover for £250 is for Catalog only....

If you have Developer, then I am supprised you have been told that you had to take Cover for Developer out before the new version came out - IMHO I think they have either misunderstood or not explained this properly - unless we are totally misinformed here.

Cover for Developer is 425 + VAT, which gets you 12 months tech support direct from Actinic and upgrade in major version numbers during that 12 month period, which on a one for one basis is, Developer to Business Multi Site (or are we misinformed), because if it is no longer available then what happens to all of those that are using Developer now? and also, if the offer is Designer when going from v7 Developer to v8 under Cover, then what about the extreme difference in price that was the v7 Developer and Designer divide?

Comment

The cover supports new releases during the cover period - if v9 came out with 12 months after taking cover today you would be entitled to the new version.

Taking cover out after the event is never likely to happen - everyone would do it to try and save money.

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
                            what about the extreme difference in price that was the v7 Developer and Designer divide?
                            If you had developer and cover prior to the launch of v8 you would get multi site - which has the same functions of designer albeit with the added ability to take orders - multi site will still allow designers to create and supply sites to clients.

The split came because developer was not being really used as intended but more for multi sites but site owners - most of the web designers were simply using their clients license to create the site using Business.

Bikster
                            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

subscription

Hi,

I could have taken out "Subscription" for £250 - which would have entitled me to upgrade for free, not cover........ i wasn't even aware this existed.

Here are the details:
                              http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/developer_sub.htm

I never received a mail telling me that there was about to be a major upgrade...if i had of know i would have acted. So basically i am being asked to pay a third of the price again that i forked out on developer last year........ i really think this is very very unfair as i am a one man operation i dont have another £425 to spend, i spent all my money last year buying Developer!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X