X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theirishactinic
    Hi,

I don't need an excersise in manners. I spoke to Actinic, in a very polite manner very early on in all this - and was told it was £425 - end of story, sorry we didn't inform you - but its £425 and thats that.

I HAVE NOT EVEN HAD THIS SOFTWARE FOR 12 MONTHS!

I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to work out this is not good customer service - i am very glad for you that your experience was.....

And thank you for highlighting the fact that people should feel afraid to speak out here - because they might be seen to be biting the hand that feeds them..... and they might not get help in the future....for making a very simple basic COMPLAINT about BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! Why else do you think there is so much actinic hugging going on.........?

Andy
    Andy the HD tv i bought 6 months ago is now old hat and half the cost, the fact remains that it is still a great tv and i will happily use it for the next 5 years, whatever Sony choose to do.

Comment

tv

Originally posted by leehack
      Andy the HD tv i bought 6 months ago is now old hat and half the cost, the fact remains that it is still a great tv and i will happily use it for the next 5 years, whatever Sony choose to do.
      Lame argument - A TV, like a car, does not get upgraded in the same way that software does - but if you want to go off on a bit of a tangent down that road i will gladly join you........

Andy

Comment

Lame argument - A TV, like a car, does not get upgraded in the same way that software does - but if you want to go off on a bit of a tangent down that road i will gladly join you........

Andy
        Cool, lets do that.

What did you think of the England game last night?

If i wanted to buy a new screen for my PC, what would you recommend?

Why have snickers and mars bars reduced so much in size?

Was it the chicken or the egg that came first?

Why does my kitten insist on coming into the house to use the litter tray only to go straight back out?

Have you been watching Lost, do you like it?

Comment

questions

Cool, lets do that.

What did you think of the England game last night?

If i wanted to buy a new screen for my PC, what would you recommend?

Why have snickers and mars bars reduced so much in size?

Was it the chicken or the egg that came first?

Why does my kitten insist on coming into the house to use the litter tray only to go straight back out?

Have you been watching Lost, do you like it?
          I didn't see the England game last night - I was watching the Irish game. England will qualify - Ireland havn't a hope.......

That depends, if you already had a decent one but you wanted to buy a new one, i might suggest you were compensating for some form of emotional issues, and that this purchase was a coping mechanism. If you needed one to replace a retired existing one - i would suggest a clear one - you did say screen - not monitor, right?

The decline in the size of the Snickers and Mars bars is a direct result of increasing greed in capitalist democratic society.....

The cat does it because it can.........

I don't have the answer to the chicken or the egg question....

Yes i have seen every episode of Lost - series one and two. Yes i like it so much i bought the box sets.........best TV i have watched in years....

Question for you now:

If you purchased a piece of software at the price of £1,250 less than a year ago, and were under the impression that you were going to be informed of upgrades, because you had indicated that you would like to receive this type of communication from the company when registering - if less than a year after purchase you found out it had been upgraded, and you had not been informed, and that you now had to pay out an extra £425 (less than a year after your purchase) - how would you feel?

Andy

Comment

Question for you now:

If you purchased a piece of software at the price of £1,250 less than a year ago, and were under the impression that you were going to be informed of upgrades, because you hadindicated that you would like to receive this type of communication from the company when registering - if less than a year after purchase you found out it had been upgraded, and you had not been informed, and that you now had to pay out an extra £425 (less than a year after your purchase) - how would you feel?

Andy
            Firstly, if i had invested £1,250 in some software, i would have to be "certain", rather than "under the impression" that i was aware of the full situation. Anyone who has anything to do with Actinic and could be bothered to investigate for 5 minutes, would be fully aware that a new version was just around the corner. I personally held back on purchasing V7 because of this and used an alternative piece of software for 2 sites in the meantime. Their failure to provide a release date was why i did this, so they lost out and i chose where to spend my money.

At which stage would you be happy to pay the upgrade cost, after 13 months, 18 months or 5 years? Where does one draw the line? If you had purchased support then you would have been fine, you chose not to for whatever reason, ultimately your choice not to do that is not Actinics problem.

If you want my honest feelings, then read on, if you don't then stop here.

I presume you are a developer. You have a piece of software that is absolutely fine for a good few years. If you want to keep up with the Jones's and have the most up to date stuff all of the time, then this always cost more money. My Hd tv cost me a fortune, but i couldn't careless, i just wanted one.

What i don't really understand is why on earth can a guy purchase such an expensive piece of software and then gripe about paying £450 to get the newest version later on. To spend this amount on software, i would have to see myself as hugely successful and £450 wouldn't bother me as i would just pass these costs down to my clients. I can't quite picture why you would spend £1,250 on anything Actinic related if you don't have a string of work which warrants this amount. What the hell does this product offer you?

And btw, i have watched episodes 1 + 2 of series 3 and they are well worth it.

Comment

feelings......wo wo wo wo feelings..........

Firstly, if i had invested £1,250 in some software, i would have to be "certain", rather than "under the impression" that i was aware of the full situation. Anyone who has anything to do with Actinic and could be bothered to investigate for 5 minutes, would be fully aware that a new version was just around the corner. I personally held back on purchasing V7 because of this and used an alternative piece of software for 2 sites in the meantime. Their failure to provide a release date was why i did this, so they lost out and i chose where to spend my money.

At which stage would you be happy to pay the upgrade cost, after 13 months, 18 months or 5 years? Where does one draw the line? If you had purchased support then you would have been fine, you chose not to for whatever reason, ultimately your choice not to do that is not Actinics problem.

If you want my honest feelings, then read on, if you don't then stop here.

I presume you are a developer. You have a piece of software that is absolutely fine for a good few years. If you want to keep up with the Jones's and have the most up to date stuff all of the time, then this always cost more money. My Hd tv cost me a fortune, but i couldn't careless, i just wanted one.

What i don't really understand is why on earth can a guy purchase such an expensive piece of software and then gripe about paying £450 to get the newest version later on. To spend this amount on software, i would have to see myself as hugely successful and £450 wouldn't bother me as i would just pass these costs down to my clients. I can't quite picture why you would spend £1,250 on anything Actinic related if you don't have a string of work which warrants this amount. What the hell does this product offer you?

And btw, i have watched episodes 1 + 2 of series 3 and they are well worth it.
              Ya see - you can't just simply answer how you would feel...............

No i am not a developer - i am a web designer. I was aware of the full situation - and here it is again.

Pay for the software - for the few jobs store jobs you have - we (actinic) will notify you when we are upgrading. There is no OBLIGATION to keep checking the website for details - we will send you information....so you will be able to take out cover when you need to if you don't want to now...your decision. So far so good - and i found the product to be great......no need to get back in touch from my end - good complaint......

11 Months later i am looking for some information on the site and i notice that the product i had spent all that money on has been replaced by an Upgraded version..... and because i did not receive the information i was promised i am being asked to pay out an extra £175 - i have no problem paying, and would not have had a problem paying the £250 for subscription before the upgrade came out.........

I am hugely sucessfull........ as a forum poster - i have lots of fans.......

So, answer me straight this time - how would you feel?

Please - no disclosures on Series 3 of Lost - its not on TV here yet!!

Andy

Comment

Bye Bye Irish - hope you never need help with V8 (or V7) as you wont get it here.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                  Bye Bye Irish - hope you never need help with V8 (or V7) as you wont get it here.
                  Hey Rural,

Of course i won't Mr Actinic Man (Actinic mentioned more times than your own company name on your homepage) - do you think i am not aware of that?

Thats why i can contine posting here till i die about being told i would receive information on the upgrade, and then to never receive it, and to be told i have to pay out an extra £175 because i didn't receive the information.

Andy
                  Last edited by theirishactinic; 12-Oct-2006, 07:49 PM. Reason: Rural Actinic Services..........

Comment

If you approach this subject in such a biased way, you will never see reason, but for the hell of it (the missus has some tripe on the tv), i will have one last go.

Pay for the software - for the few jobs store jobs you have - we (actinic) will notify you when we are upgrading. There is no OBLIGATION to keep checking the website for details - we will send you information....so you will be able to take out cover when you need to if you don't want to now...your decision. So far so good - and i found the product to be great......no need to get back in touch from my end - good complaint......
                    Firstly, if i am creating a few sites for my clients, why on earth would i purchase £1,250 worth of software out of my own money? For each customer i would buy a £450 licensed version of catalog. Load the software on my PC, create the site, create a snapshot, go load the software on the clients PC, import my snapshot, charge them £450 for the software plus my design costs, go home and deinstall the product and then do my next one. What on earth do i need £1,250 worth of software to do that for?

The Actinic cover is not to give people cheap upgrades. These come as part of the package, but are not the essence of it. The support package gives you phone support and will upgrade your version if a new one arises in your support period as an added feature.

If 3 weeks before a new release, everyone buys the support package, this takes the piss out of everybody who has purchased support and turns it into an "cheap upgrade package" and not the "support" package it is. Please accept it is a support package, not an upgrading package.

11 Months later i am looking for some information on the site and i notice that the product i had spent all that money on has been replaced by an Upgraded version..... and because i did not receive the information i was promised i am being asked to pay out an extra £175 - i have no problem paying, and would not have had a problem paying the £250 for subscription before the upgrade came out.........
                    If you accept the above point, this one need not be discussed, If you don't accept it, then you are just being stubborn.

One thing i will say is as a web designer how on earth could you not come in to contact with Actinic for 11 months? Do you not check for updates or patches for your current software versions? Anyone in the "Actinic circle" must have known about the imminent v8 version. In fact without checking, i would say it was almost certainly being spoken about when you purchased your software 11 months ago.

I am hugely sucessfull........ as a forum poster - i have lots of fans.......

So, answer me straight this time - how would you feel?
                    By your own admission it has been a good/great product and you have designed a "few" sites. If within 11 months, you have not recouped the £1,250 cost back at least 4 or 5 times over, then i would suggest you purchased the incorrect software, which firmly points as bad sales by Actinic or "excited" purchasing by you. Only you know the answer to this.

Does this (in your opinion) mean its 100% Actinic's fault or are you prepared to accept that you are at the very least part of the problem?

Comment

If you approach this subject in such a biased way, you will never see reason, but for the hell of it (the missus has some tripe on the tv), i will have one last go.

Firstly, if i am creating a few sites for my clients, why on earth would i purchase £1,250 worth of software out of my own money? For each customer i would buy a £450 licensed version of catalog. Load the software on my PC, create the site, create a snapshot, go load the software on the clients PC, import my snapshot, charge them £450 for the software plus my design costs, go home and deinstall the product and then do my next one. What on earth do i need £1,250 worth of software to do that for?

The Actinic cover is not to give people cheap upgrades. These come as part of the package, but are not the essence of it. The support package gives you phone support and will upgrade your version if a new one arises in your support period as an added feature.

If 3 weeks before a new release, everyone buys the support package, this takes the piss out of everybody who has purchased support and turns it into an "cheap upgrade package" and not the "support" package it is. Please accept it is a support package, not an upgrading package.

If you accept the above point, this one need not be discussed, If you don't accept it, then you are just being stubborn.

One thing i will say is as a web designer how on earth could you not come in to contact with Actinic for 11 months? Do you not check for updates or patches for your current software versions? Anyone in the "Actinic circle" must have known about the imminent v8 version. In fact without checking, i would say it was almost certainly being spoken about when you purchased your software 11 months ago.

By your own admission it has been a good/great product and you have designed a "few" sites. If within 11 months, you have not recouped the £1,250 cost back at least 4 or 5 times over, then i would suggest you purchased the incorrect software, which firmly points as bad sales by Actinic or "excited" purchasing by you. Only you know the answer to this.

Does this (in your opinion) mean its 100% Actinic's fault or are you prepared to accept that you are at the very least part of the problem?
                      Hi,

I am really not going to go into the details of why this software is "not" the core aspect of my business - the quality of the software is not the issue, my work practice is not the issue. I don't have any issues with the original purchase price, nor the price i would have had to pay to upgrade if actinc had of informed me, like they said they would..... instead of telling me i have to pay an extra £175 because they failed to notify me......

Maybe the reason i was not on the Actinic site, being a Web Designer, was because i was on Web Design sites........... I am actually woking on an image i am doing for a new site i am currently launching - its a sort of "morphing" style image - you know the type - first it appears to be something - then it turns out to be something completly different....... will show you the site soon - when its finished..... similar to this http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Andy

Comment

Can you see the kangaroos yet?

Comment

roo burgers

Can you see the kangaroos yet?

Yes i can! Thank god for that - i thought i was seeing things.

I see a kangaroo with a price tag on it - it says £1,200, oh no sorry it doesn't - it says buy now and pay an extra £250 later - no, sorry the price has gone up - and i have just bought it - its now pay an extra £425 later.......

Andy

Comment

Do you want to sell it and be done with it all? I will happily purchase it off you.

Comment

sale

The software or the roo?

Andy

Comment

The software

Comment

Working...
                                X