Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"3 digit security code (last 3 digits on the reverse of card)" is required. error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"3 digit security code (last 3 digits on the reverse of card)" is required. error

I am a newbie to Actinic and I trying to setup my first site. I have taken this shopping cart project over from another developer. Therefore, they have done 90% of the work, my job is to do the other 10% to get it working.
    I m getting there, I am trying to get the paypal and Invoice later methods of payment to work. All I get when I select a method of payment is the error :-

"3 digit security code (last 3 digits on the reverse of card)" is required.

Can anyone suggest whats going wrong. The address is www.absolutelyanimals.co.uk to look at the error.

Thanks
    Barry

Is the last 3 digit required message on the paypal pages or within your own site (in which case you are taking the card details directly for manual processing right)?

Comment

the message on my site. it doesn't seem to go off to paypal.

Comment

If it is within your site and not at an external PSP, then you must be taking card details direct and manually processing, so no paypal involved (i guess) can not say for sure as ordering is suspended on the site you provide.

Maybe reinstall the payment providers and elements concerning payments.

Comment

Got in now - ignore suspended.

See what you mean.

It looks like the code for the credit card details collected for later processing is being incorporated into the PSP or payment method choice.

Have you amended one or more of the ordering templates.

Take a look in the design | library and select each ordering template in turn (right click) and compare against the original.

Might be you will have to revert to factory for certain ordering templates if not easily noticable (same right click on the layout concerned).

Comment

Hi Barry

I got this a few weeks ago. I managed to fix it by compacting the database via 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases' - hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I have tried compacting the database and that didn't seem to fix it. I am abit confused what I should do in the design:library. I have selected Checkout Area, Checkout prompt and Checkout button in the layouts tab and reverted to factory settings. I am using 8.0.2 if that helps at all. Can you clarify what I should be reverting back to factory settings?

Sorry, for my newbie replies in this forum. But, this is my shopping basket and I am finding it a steep learning curve.

Many Thanks
              Barry

Comment

Barry,

Is this still happening for you? I would suggest raising a ticket at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm so that a member of the support team can take a look at a snapshot of the site for you. Please mention this thread while raising the ticket.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

I did raise a support ticket after Bruce's suggestion and support were very quick to find the solution after I sent a snapshot. I have posted their reply to forum for anybody else, who gets the same problem :-

The designer has decided not to use the usual CVV2 (3 digits on card) controls, and has created his own from a user definable field.

To remove it, please go to 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Payment Details' and remove both ticks from the entry 'Payment User Defined' and click 'OK'.
                  Once you have uploaded the site, the changes will take place.

Comment

I've just encoutered this problem on upgrading to V8. I do offline credit card processing so need to collect the CV2 number.

I imported my snapshot from V7 and all seemed well (After 200 hours of tweaking) but on the credit card page there was no CV2 number asked for but it would'nt let you proceed as it gave you an error saying that it needed the CV2 number.

After reading this thread I did the following:-

The ticks from the entry 'Payment User Defined' that were described in the previous post were already unticked. So I ticked them, uploaded the website, un-ticked them, and uploaded the website again. This cleared the problem and the site now asks for the CV2 number.

Its a weird one as the net result was that I didnt change anything but it had seemed to get its knickers in a twist and doing this process fixed it for some reason.

Hope this helps anyone else who finds the same problem.

This forum has saved my life over the last few weeks!
                    Mark Lowery
                    Lomo

Comment

Working...
                    X