"Actinic Multisite out of memory"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm brand new PC, 7 days old - only got operating system and Actinic Multi site installed, one very small site being built, but software freezes and crashes offering

alt - cont - delete closes it, and upon reboot it works for 10 minutes...

You could try and download one of the pc mags test programs which should work you computer quite hard to see if its the computer or the actinic software
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Could be a case of increasing your virtual memory.

XP / Vista?
      Simon Williams
      Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

This laptop has Vista installed....yea I know

Comment

Not sure where you'll find virtul memory on Vista ...

On XP its right click My Computer | Properties | Advanced | Performance, setting...

Hope this helps! OR, try google for vista virtual memory...
          Simon Williams

Comment

Found it - currently set by default 1313mb it thens says recommended 1519mb,

I will leave it like it is unless you think I should alter it

Comment

If the system recommends it, let it have it IMO. You can easily change it back if not successful.

Comment

Just booted up my older lap top (xp pro( and it has just 383mb allocated!

Any way will take Lees advice.

Comment

Virtual Memory is a dynamic system and subject to change. Because it's a new system, it may need time to 'settle' to optimal settings.
                  Simon Williams

Comment

Mark,

Have you got any custom code that may be in a resource eating loop?

Also, try moving the Site to a different computer and see what happens.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It might also be worth compacting and repairing the database in access as a corrupt database might cause this sort of error to occur.

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thank you for the replies

I increased the virtual memory to the max sugested with in the properties box, and fingers crossed had no issues with it today.

mje

Comment

Working...
                        X