Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinbrook
    surf-wax.co.uk is now 8.5.1!

with also boughts and related products to improve keyword density on one product per page. And more coding on Page Titles to use custom title if its there else use product name and use predefined for terms, checkout etc pages.

Google had dropped most product pages recently, but having just checked they are nearly all back now - I can't beleive 8.5.1 for 8 hours would do this, the only other change last week was the page titles which i also applied to the 804 that I uploaded last week. Today i also removed the disallow from the cgi bin, as each time i searched for products I found the search page and site map indexed only - that to me indicated that bots weren't following links on sitemap and because i supressed CGI they weren't spidering the site properly..

One big change is the indexing of the index page, this is now a brochure page with 9 bestsellers and 9 new products and text to lead you to the non shopping side of SW. Nearly all products featured in BS and NP are now indexed (googleUK) within the top 20.

Thats now 2 out of 3 live
    Hi Jo,

Was looking at your site, but didn't get an SSL when going to the checkout.

Do you do this operation a different way?

Comment

Site uses Worldpay PSP, thus you get secure pages once transfered to WP

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        Meaningless I reckon. It seems to think that the 'No Layout' option (which you get in the 'Filename of External File' field when you delete the filename of an external file) is actually a filename.

You could check all your externally-registered outer layouts in the 'Web Page Outer Layout' group in the library and try deleting all the 'Filename of External File' values again (the ones you don't want anyway).
        I had to do the reverse ie create a dummy layout for it to find. Snapshot is error free again (for a while anyway)

Comment

Jo - what did you call the filename? Did you just save to the directory as per the path in the error message?

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Good Grief Jont, that was months ago....

I seem to remember rather than creating a layout within the rogue pathname i got into the database and located where it was calling the incorrect layout and removed it... I think

Comment

I can't remember what I had for tea an hour ago

I will open into Access and see if I can track it down. Thanks.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X