• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuralWeb
    I went past Actinic Towers last week
    Did you see Basil, Manuel and Cybil?

Comment

Did you see Basil, Manuel and Cybil?
      No but I saw someone with a mooses head saying "I learn programming from a booook"

Comment

LOL, i've been looking for something to say, i think you just said it

Comment

I built a site 2 months ago, it was upgraded to 8.5.1 and now does not work.
          not really if by using 8.5.1 the site doesn't work - due to the duplicates bolloxs, your only real choice is to downgrade.

A working site is the desired result rather than the latest release

Comment

your only real choice is to downgrade.
            As well I know
            A working site is the desired result rather than the latest release
            Im not upgrading for the sake of it - I like you work for Actinic as a crash test dummy and upgrade to the latest version to help find and post bugs so other than work on multiple PCs there is not much choice. You cannot downgrade as the old version is removed from Actinics website and as soon as you import an upgraded snapshot you are screwed.

Comment

Put this puppy in your favourites Mal.

Comment

Put this puppy
                Where did you find them? - still does not help much as snapshots are 8.5.1 and so will upgrade ealier versions when you import! Only way would be to use a snapshot prior to upgrading to 8.5.1 and they all have lots of work done since then.

Going cycling for the rest of the week now so Ill worry about it again next week

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                  Where did you find them?
                  Link was posted in the forum at some time in the past.

Mal, on yer bike.....

Comment

Jonathan,

You need to go to the 'Components' group in the library and edit the layout called 'Component Layout With Selectable Permutations'. Replace the code in there with the following:

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e"> <input type="checkbox" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSelectedByDefault%22%20%2f%3e">checked="checked"</actinic:block> /> </actinic:block> <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentHiddenFieldIncluded%22%20%2f%3e"> <input type="hidden" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" value="on" /> </actinic:block> <Actinic:Variable Name="ComponentDisplayLabel"/> <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=<actinic:variable name="ComponentIndex" />><actinic:variable name="ComponentRetailCustomerMessage" /></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION> <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentCount%22%20%2f%3e%29"> <actinic:variable name="PermutationLayout" value="Permutation Drop Down List" /> </actinic:block> <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%200%29%20AND%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentCount%22%20%2f%3e%29"> <actinic:variable name="AttributeList" /> </actinic:block>
                    (or else just remove all <br> tags from the code yourself). I am only trying to get your site functional, not trying to add to your woes with workarounds.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi guys

Can I just say, I entirely sympathise with your frustrations.

We are currently creating a new version of 8.5.1 without this change. For customers who have already upgraded to 8.5.1, a site upgrader will be available in a week's time which will go through all your layouts and do the variable swap required to make it all work correctly with 8.5.1.

I hope this goes some way to allaying your fears and frustrations

Comment

I hope this goes some way to allaying your fears and frustrations
                        To a certain extent yes and thanks Chris.

Are you also saying I can charge Actinic for my time in re-applying 8.5.1 for the clients whose sites are messed up due to this, or as usual I have to do the work FOC (and thus add to my already huge list of sites in the red due to V8?

Or maybe I can send these sites to support to be fixed?

Comment

Jo - as you know, we're always willing to help if we can. I'll be in touch with you directly today.

Comment

U.S. User

Needless to say, I have been using Actinic 8 for quite some time with no problems until the end of last week when I received a phone call from a customer informing me that she had trouble ordering.

I went to my Web site to do an investigation and found all my duplicate pages were there and had the add to cart availability but had an error when trying to add an item to the shopping cart.

I ended up having to delete and recreate all my duplicate product pages and because that didn't work, had to totally get rid of all duplicate pages on the site for ordering.

I guess there isn't the option of duplicate pages anymore.
                            Jeffrey Michael
                            Choice Vacuum
                            Bellevue, WA, USA
                            www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce, but I'm not using selectable permutations. I'm using a component, two attributes and the pish button grid.

I've upgraded to v851 have all completely standard scripts and have tried reverting to factory on all of the layouts associated with the outer, inner, section, product, component, attributes, add to cart button, push button grid and cart grid etc. etc. etc..

I've got a support ticket going now, so will see what they say.

Comment

Jeffrey

We are working on a new version of 8.5.1 as fast as we can, which will automatically make all the required layout changes for you. Details are in http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30221

Comment

Working...
                                X