Displaying Price in Section Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonathan,

This is very neat. Thanks for posting it up here, I will add this link to the AUG thread.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce
      "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

I've taken various bits from the above postings to produce a single product per section and show price/add to cart etc.

I've got an interesting effect :

http://www.elysium-shop.co.uk/acatal...irs_Prams.html

that I just don't know how to fix. The section is displaying the product and then an additional add to cart button for each fragment in the subsection.

Has anyone come across this before? Or is the fact that, as far as the database is concerned, a fragment is a product without any prices (if I remember a previous post from Bruce correctly) causing my problem?

thanks

Andy
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Andy..someone posted that exact same problem recently..a couple of weeks ago maybe, and I'm SURE Bruce posted a "fix" but I'm damned if I can find it with a search.
          I'll keep looking...it's gonna bug me!
          Tracey

Comment

ok..would have found it quicker if it was actually coming up in a main search and I didn't have to use the advance search! (and if the forum didn't keep freezing and timing out on me!)

LINK HERE with solution

hth
            Tracey

Comment

Brilliant. I'd searched for this but I guess it depends on how you phrase your search term - and I think I failed that one!!

Thanks for the link - exactly the answer I need.
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

tbh, Andy..I tried using a search term that I knew should bring it up and it didn't....on numerous attempts....which was frustrating because I KNEW it was there!

However, when I did an advanced search and typed in EXACTLY THE SAME phrase but confined it to V8 threads only, it brought back LOADS more results

Not sure why!! but it took some persistance!
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                  Not sure why!! but it took some persistance!
                  Cos the search is totally crap.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    Cos the search is totally crap.
                    evenin' Lee
                    lol

tbh, I never usually search from the main search bar, I always use the advanced search and now I know why!
                    I only searched on 3 keywords and it just didn't pick up anywhere near the number of results I knew were there..I hadn't realised just how crap it was!
                    Tracey

Comment

Here's an update to the previous code for all the business & developer users.

My latest site offers a trade discount to all retailers which means that they need to see thier price and not the retail price. This can be dsplayed in various formats and the layout I chose was Retail Price above, Your Price below.

Unfortunately the code posted previously uses the following to display the price:
                      Code:
                      <actinic:block type="PriceList" >
                      <b><actinic:variable name="PriceLayout" /></b><br><br>
                      </actinic:block>
                      This results in only the retail price being displayed at section link level. To fix this and get both prices to display in the section link, replace the above code with this:

Code:
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
                      				<Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />">
                                  <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
                                  </Actinic:PRICES>
                      That will display the logged in customer prices in the section link.

Comment

any ideas how product choices can be added to the section links, such as silver or black?
                        Jonathan

Comment

Busy playing with this at the moment. I'll let you know if I get it right.

Comment

Hi Jsnow,
                            I have been battling with this problem for weeks. I want to have the logged in price coming up on the section layout page. I am using the code that you pasted here allready but it only shows the retail price on the section page, and then when you go into the product page the logged in price comes up.
                            Would it depend on the type of section layout you are using?
                            Thanks,
                            B

Comment

Hi,
                              I found the solution to the problem I posted above, you need to copy the Form code that is at the top of your product page into your section layout page and the close form at the bottom.
                              I'm going to send this to the support and development team as they told me weeks ago that this could not be done with the design I was using!!!!!
                              How much time I could have saved.
                              Breda

Comment

Show only 1 price at section level

Just implemented this onto a site and thought I would share.

If your product features price bands these will display at the section level which can be untidy. To display the lowest price only :

<actinic:block type="ProductList" >
                                <actinic:block type="PriceList" >
                                <actinic:block php="true" >
                                $pricecount="<actinic:variable name="ListCount" />";
                                if ($pricecount=="<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" />")
                                echo "Prices from <actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Excluding Tax" /> +VAT";

This will display a single line eg:

Prices from £1.99 +VAT .. where 1.99 is the lowest price in your product matrix.

Hope that may be of use to someone

Bikster
                                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                                X