v8.5.2 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.5.2 beta

We are pleased to announce that Actinic v8.5.2 is now in beta testing. v8.5.2 is a substantial interim release containing over sixty bug fixes and performance enhancements.

For details of changes in v8.5.2, see:
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/beta-changes.htm

To download the v8.5.2 beta, go to:
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/Beta.php4

NB. This software is of test quality only and should not be used on a live production site. Actinic cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage which may result from such use. If during the testing period any problems are found, a new version will be issued as soon as possible.

Please report any problems with this release to:
    mailto:v851beta@actinic.co.uk?Subject=v852_Beta

Kind Regards,
    Actinic Software

Dragging and dropping sections no longer results in loss of data or crashes. AC8-5431

lets hope so ;-)

MySQL and MS SQL can now be used for external linking with Multi-User. AC8-5333 GREAT (use for BMS too?)

Great stuff, time to tuck in guys
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Bit confused with this though:

You will no longer be able to upgrade from 8.0.3, 8.0.4 etc. to 8.5.2 with a patch. You will be asked to use a full version. AC8-4972

- yet the v852 is available as a patch on the downlaod page???

Comment

If they continue to offer any type of version patches, it is a clear message that they do not listen to their users. Apart from that, if this upgrade goes well, we really should have a great piece of stable software. An incredible amount has been done, no wonder it took so long.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

yipppeeeee

Exporting hierarchical files now works fine when you have a large number of user-definable properties. AC8-4844

off to play
          Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
          Current project:
          cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
          cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
          Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

I can't see in that list mention of a fix for the partial site design import missing layout selectors, please tell me this bug fix is being included as promised: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...3&postcount=38.

I don't want to wait more months for a fix as I am having to do extra work because of this bug.
            Peblaco

Comment

Hi Duncan,

The patch is for upgrade from 8.5.0 onwards. For the pre- 8.5.x series, customers will need to use the full install. This it to ensure installation of all necessary components when upgrading to a major version release.
              Krithika Chandrasekar
              SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I was under the impression that we weren't going to be seeing patches any more at ALL, only full versions

very excited to be getting indexable (did I make that word up?) extended info pages though! w00t!!

oh..and being able to turn OFF stock monitoring in the PSP Pending tab... PITA that has been!
                Tracey

Comment

t
                  I was under the impression that we weren't going to be seeing patches any more at ALL, only full versions
                  there are still instances where some peeps will find the patch useful as they may not have a fast internet connection, or have download restrictions

Granted full is the safest option, but there is still a demand for patches so i hoe Actinic do not withdraw them. I would suggest that Actinic make the full version the easiest to find option with an optional link to patches

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                    there are still instances where some peeps will find the patch useful as they may not have a fast internet connection.

Granted full is the safest option, but there is still a demand for patches so i hoe Actinic do not withdraw them. I would suggest that Actinic make the full version the easiest to find option with an optional link to patches
                    fair point, I suppose.
                    I've probably just misunderstood (or, as likely, wrongly remembered) something I've read yonks ago.
                    Tracey

Comment

Ooooh looks interesting, a few things i want aswell, but i also thought that patches would not be offered anymore

D

Comment

well I broke it.... I sorry to say. It took me 2 hours but I've had a few memory errors/leakages and unexpected occurences which caused the program to crash and close.

I'm not in the mood for a late night, so i'll sign off whilst i'm still sane and try to re-create my error messages tomorrow.

One of them was caused by highlighting "NETQUOTEVAR:LINK" in a product description (for a product that was then duplicated) the NQV was not upgraded - I chose the option to apply default theme on upgrade from 7 to 8.5.2. Hence attempting the replace NQV:LINK with [LINK]

One good thing - site preview in 8.5.1 which was taking 7 mins now takes about 5.

Just going to add a link back to my original thread about performance http://community.actinic.com/showthr...hlight=preview

Comment

So far it has fixed a lot of nightmares (missing tabs, UD fields, Hierarchical export and even SQL link) but I can't say upload or preview seems any faster in MU - that I can test once we can work in the real world.

At the moment I am trying to track down a some new coding errors that have just appeared in 852 [Red sq on catalog page preview bar] but there is nothing on the line numbers it refers to and they weren't there in 851.

Comment

The site i held back for 8.5.2 is currently taking 30 + mins to do the pre upload checks- ie tell it to upload the website, it takes 30 mins of processing before any files start to leave the pc and get uploaded.

This is without the marketting list Q i raised here http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34235

so the jury's out on whether the performance isses are sufficiently resolved for me to progress with this upgrade.

Comment

Just had a first effort (using a H import file that works on 851) and go an error that I have not seen for a long time...

"no fields were found in the first line of the file"

but, but, but, but......

will carry on with a clean design and pop in a snapshot.....not a good start but....
                              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X