Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or perhaps a payment option as Norman does as an alternative

Originally posted by RuralWeb
    Yep I would agree - the majority of Actinic users spoil things for the minority how are prepared to play by the rules. As far as I am concerned the forum can go suck for SEO advice after I found my posts being harvested. Stinky should make the code available to only those people who have posted a link first and then monitor that link to ensure that it remains on site.
    www.satellite.ie

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Moore
      Just to double check if I understand correctly, you should not use this if you have more than one ISP ie realex and pay pal in my case? Its a great idea, surely actinic should look at this seriously as an official upgrade/plug in.
      The best thing for you to do is to use just the psp bounce part of the code...

Replace the content of checkout_speedup.js with:

PHP Code:
      $(function() {

//// autoforward to payment provider

// make sure we are on the psp bounce page 

if(document.formOCC) {

// hide all of the page content so it looks like a quick redirect (not foolproof)

$('div').hide();

// for google analytics
          //__utmLinkPost(document.formOCC);

// and submit the page

document.formOCC.submit();
        }
      }); 
      The only real trick to this part of the code is the $('div').hide(); bit because it hides the psp bounce page from the customer.
      Rob Williams
      Ink Cartridges
      Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

Thanks Rob but think I'll have to speak with a designer as I am clueless on code.
        www.satellite.ie

Comment

Originally posted by robwill
          The reason it doesn't work on www.exoticandoriental.co.uk is because your 'Next>' button is now called 'Continue>'.
          This could also be related to my difficulty, except that that button IS called 'Next>'. But does this also relate to the final 'Submit Order' button?

Mine has been changed to an image.

It used to be:
          HTML Code:
          <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON">
          and now it is:
          HTML Code:
          <input type=IMAGE name=ACTION_NEXT src="order_0.gif">
          so do I need to change:

Code:
          <input type="hidden" value="' + next_button_name + '" name="ACTION" />
          in the script file, in any way?

BTW the file checkout_speedup.js that I have downloaded does not look the same as the nicely laid-out one you have quoted in post #47?

Paul
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5
            Code:
            <input type="hidden" value="' + next_button_name + '" name="ACTION" />
            in the script file, in any way?

BTW the file checkout_speedup.js that I have downloaded does not look the same as the nicely laid-out one you have quoted in post #47?
            replace the first occurrence of:

PHP Code:
                    // append the "next>" action to the form so the perl scripts handle it correctly

$form.append('<input type="hidden" value="' next_button_name '" name="ACTION" />'); 
            with:

PHP Code:
            $('input[@name="ACTION_NEXT"]').click(); 
            Rob Williams
            Ink Cartridges
            Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

Coming back to Norman and Malc,

We do scan for backlinks linking to us regularly and I am also able to track the downloads from our Blog, so I am not toooo concerned at the moment.

I am disappointed to hear both of your experiences with good advice and useful software. As I said earlier if the product you provide is of use to people they should either pay for it or acknowledge it in some way
              John Sollars
              MD at Stinkyink.Com
              Ph 01746 781020
              Fx 01746 781698
              Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

I have tried this on one of my V7 sites and its NOT working!

www.parrotize.co.uk

Also if I click BACK or CANCEL on Order02.html (Delivery Address) it still proceeds to PROTX.

ANY CLUES?

Careful if you are testing as this is a LIVE site!!!
                (use name Mickey Mouse or something similar)
                Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
                Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Good Afternoon Alan,

I'm sorry, we only have V8 enabled here now - I don't even know where my V7 disc is to set up a test site so we really can't help you with this
                  John Sollars
                  MD at Stinkyink.Com
                  Ph 01746 781020
                  Fx 01746 781698

Comment

I think you should charge for the code - On one of our sites a guy recently got the checkout stage down from 4 pages to a single page using ajax and then made a fortune as it became THE must have mod.
                    Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

Hi Davic,

Thanks for your thoughts. I have been amazed at the earlier comments from both Malc and Norman about people using software without acknowledging or paying for it and we will be charging for our Drop Down Navigation when that is released - although with a discount for a link!.

Nice site BTW, can you contact me off forum?
                      John Sollars
                      MD at Stinkyink.Com
                      Ph 01746 781020
                      Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Originally posted by freakmode
                        I think you should charge for the code - On one of our sites a guy recently got the checkout stage down from 4 pages to a single page using ajax and then made a fortune as it became THE must have mod.
                        Was that an actinic site? if so how do I get that fix!

Originally posted by john@stinkyink.
                        I believe that we are giving something of value, and that the majority will recognise that and reciprocate, if the code we were offering was of no value then we wouldn't deserve anything back - so that is the decision to make, is it of value or not?
                        Yes, we think it's of value that's why we're trying to throw money at you! But you need to realise that a link is just not an option for some people for whatever reason. Are you going to just let all that potential money and goodwill go to waste? If they're not going to link then they're not going to link, so you either get nothing or you can get some money out of it, even if it's only £20 a go or whatever it all adds up, and most people are honest enough to pay you for your efforts. Most people who don't mind giving a link will certainly choose to do so if it saves them paying £20, so it's not like by giving a payment option you are cutting off your linking strategy...

Also there is a danger that having stirred up all this interest some enterprising coder will quickly come up with another, possibly better, fix and make a small charge for it and steal all your potential customers. If you strike now and sign everyone up then there is no point anyone else writing a fix...

Comment

Have tried this now with V8 and seems to be working mostly!
                          (Don't understand difference with V7 yet!)

However if you cancel the payment process with PROTX you get in a loop because it returns you to Order02.html which the script automatically submits and hence you end up at PROTX again.

Can anyone advise how to get out of this loop?
                          How do I make it go back to restart the CHECKOUT?
                          Alan Johnson

Comment

HTML Code:
                            Most people who don't mind giving a link will certainly choose to do so if it saves them paying £20, so it's not like by giving a payment option you are cutting off your linking strategy
                            Right - an executive decision, how about if we put a PAYPAL button on the page and ask for £34.99 for the code, for which I will refund £24.99 if you email me with the details of a link from your site to us?
                            John Sollars
                            MD at Stinkyink.Com
                            Ph 01746 781020
                            Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Originally posted by animal dreams
                              Have tried this now with V8 and seems to be working mostly!
                              (Don't understand difference with V7 yet!)

However if you cancel the payment process with PROTX you get in a loop because it returns you to Order02.html which the script automatically submits and hence you end up at PROTX again.

Can anyone advise how to get out of this loop?
                              How do I make it go back to restart the CHECKOUT?
                              Would you like it to go to checkout stage 1. (Where you choose country) upon clicking the back button?
                              Rob Williams
                              Ink Cartridges
                              Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

Rob,

Yes. If I cancel from PROTX I want it to return to select shipping destination.

If I get this working on V7 I can give you 2 good links - and 3rd in the future.

Upgrading to V8 (or V9) will take a bit longer.

Alan
                                Alan Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X